ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Christmas presents
Magdalene
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:09 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

what gifts did you get for whoM and what gifts do you want?
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Let's all send something to Kaspar for his first Christmas! It'll be such a nice gesture. What kind of stuff does he like?
USAgent
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:21 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I find this another thinly veiled attempt at the elusive "booty call". Alas, I disappear!!

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:36 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Seems more like a thinly veiled attempt to find out Caity's address to me. Oh, Phenom, you're so charmingly frightening. Wink
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:16 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Hahah yeah....Kaspar doesn't need any more presents...he's a pretty spoiled dude as it is.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:17 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

DON'T LET THAT BABY GET FAT!

FAT BABIES ARE A PITFALL OF AMERICAN CULTURE!!!
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:35 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Hey, he's chubby but he's not obese. You can check out the more recent pictures of him on Facebook...there's one pretty fat looking one. But babies should be chubby...I agree that they shouldn't be fat though...it's sort of sad to see a hugely obese baby sitting in some sort of swing or seat staring at the tv watching Baby Einstein. My baby will be smart without that bullshit. I educate him myself and don't rely on the tv to make him "brilliant".
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:49 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

To answer Magdalene's original question...let's see.

Kaspar: A cute toy and I'm still going to try to find him a few cute clothes in the next week or so.

My Dad: a Bocce set...he ended up playing it often during the spring and summer and seemed to enjoy it, and he's always wanting to do things with the family, so this can be something like that.

My Mom: a set of three decorative vases...should be nice in our house

Mom and Dad: went in with my oldest brother on a picture frame and three black and whites...one of Kaspar, one of my niece, and then one of the two together.

Oldest brother (the tattoo artist): A marvel comic drawing book for superhero techniques, and an art book of faeries which has some really cool drawings in it.

Sister-in-law: I know I got her three books but I can't remember what they were now, because I did most of my shopping in September. I know one of them was a cookbook with recipes for vegetarians, lactose intolerance, gluten allergies, etc.

My niece: A book, and two hand puppets

Middle brother: A nice shirt and the phobia pop-up book

Youngest brother: A Ramones hoodie and a punchcard to the swimming pool.

And then my list: clothes (hoodies and longsleeves especially)
snowshoes
ummmmmmmmmmm
ummmmm
um
I can't remember any of the other things
USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:44 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Mom: Nothing.

Father: Nothing.

Brother: Nothing.

What a horrible, horrible son I am!!

On a moar serious note, if I weren't so damned unemployed then I could get my helling ass up and get some shit done. Alas, it's goddamn for me. I have no more variants of poo-poo jokes I will end this sentence nowgoodokay.

Magdalene
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

caity you are so thoughtful! clothes usually make really good presents for younger brothers because they dont always care as much about how they look as they should, and you can pick out clothes that they'd like. I think your other gifts were great too. I am done shopping and here's what I got for people:
Dad: season 1 of punky brewster, season 1 of scrubs, season 1 of Green acres. (we downloaded all of them bwahaha)
Mom: Title of nobility for the micronation of sealand, and some pajama pants that I'm still making and are looking quite unpromising.
Older brother: He's a chemist, so I bought him a lab coat and sewed on an "Umbrella Corporation" badge over the breast pocket (we've had this thing for several years where we give eachother Resident Evil related gifts).
His wife: I made a photo box with childhood photos of my older brother, and I made a really cute apron with embroidered ducks on it!
Niece: Matching apron with embroidered bunnies
Nephew: I made him a monster stuffed animal. Their presents were kinda lame this year.
Little brother: Title of nobility from Sealand and clothes
Father in law: We got him a turkey suasage set from hickory farms =/
Mother in law: I made her a hex sign and its hard to describe, but it turned out super cute, and a tissue holder deal for her purse.
Older borther in law: nothing =(
Younger brother in law: Mike's getting him something...
Sister in law: I bought her "The cute book." its a book that teaches you how to make cute stuffed animals, so I made some animals from it, and gave her the book with all the supplies to make some animals.
My bestfriend: I made her two couch pillows with lace pockets in front that contain some flowers and herbs (she really likes gardening)
Mike's bestfriend: Mechanipanda! he is a felt robot panda.
Mike: I made him a shoulder bag to carry his DJ stuff in. its so so cute!!!
USAgent
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:32 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Why did I just read through all of that? I laughed at punky brewster.

Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:39 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

OH YOU GUYS ARE EVER SO FUNNY!!!

This is what happens any time I just try to be NICE.

I don't think Canadians are so obese or are they? Is there a large consumption of fattening crumpets and maple syrup while doing it doggy-style and watching hockey? Are those preferred Canadian hobbies leading to obesity? My brother has expressed interest in emigrating to Canada but I think he's a damn fool.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:59 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Haha, Canada definitely doesn't have the obesity rate of the United States, but there is a great amount of it all the same. Somehow the fat of the US rubs off on us. I don't think there's much of a consumption of fattening crumpets, but I'm not sure. I suppose the act of watching hockey and probably eating chips, cheese & crackers, and other terrible processed foods does contribute to the obesity. Who knows. All in all though, I think it's a pretty good place to live.
ookook
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:09 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Mmmmm

Sugar Maples... Pure Syrup...
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:01 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Caity's food article made me hungry. I especially enjoy truffles and shortbread but I have no idea what that German stuff even is. I would probably like it because I seem to enjoy anything ethnically German, even molasses pie. Ah, molasses pie! That was one omission I was most disappointed over. Or is molasses pie only a summer thing? If there had been no Italian-Americans there would be Molasses Pie Huts everywhere. Why is everything ethnically Italian so popular but even frankfurters wain in popularity? Am I the only one who actually read the entire article and thought, "I bet Christmas at Caity's place would sure rock!"? Yes, yes, I am. I AM, SHUT UP!

Anyway, Caity, I liked your article and did not find it boring. I only had this frozen ice-cream thing for dessert upon Christmas Eve. You must pity me.