<  Listen To Me  ~  DA SIMSPOONS

Should the Simpsons finally die?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
LETS SEE SOME MARGE AND LISA BOOTIE HENTAI!!
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:47 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I think I am like the most hardcore Simpsons fan ever because I sneaked out of work to go watch the movie. I think I even lost that job for doing so. What happened is I was waiting for a colleague to get back from somewhere and I thought no harm would be done if I just went and saw the movie quick. So I did just that. I was so traumatized by the sight of Bart's pre-pubescent penis that I was unable to return to work.

And I agree with Joe. Homer turned into WAY too much of a jerk and I don't blame Bart for looking to Flanders as a parochial father. Although if I were Homer I would have just stayed in Alaska and let Springfield burn. That would have made the movie something sensational instead of just one long episode. That should have been the way the series concluded for good but FOX will just not have that. The writers have seemed out of ideas for years now.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:09 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Oddly enough, my sister's boyfriend also snuck out of work to see the movie as well.

I've thought about this A LOT! since I wrote that review and the problem with The Simpsons as it stands currently is pretty simple. As they keep the show going, they have to reach for more and more outlandish ideas, thus making the characters less and less realistic.

Before it was a cartoon, but with a human element. At this point none of the characters really feel human at all. They're just full-on cartoons.
PK
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:09 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

That's true, the shows have gotten pretty outlandish. But this past season I at least thought the over the top jokes made the show funnier than it's been in a few years.
I actually enjoyed the movie for being over the top. I agree Homer was TOO MUCH of a jerk but at the same time it's like "It's Homer, that's his job"
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

I don't see that being the biggest jerk was ever his job. Well, I guess it is now. Being selfish and ignorant but still redeemable used to be his job.

It does make sense in a way that him being THIS mean was what they decided on for a movie plot since he's never been this mean before, but then they also really should've made him work a lot more for Marge and the rest of the family's forgiveness. It was like one group of writers wrote for Bart and Marge and made them all emotional and the other group of writers wrote about Homer and a pig and Alaska and any other nonsense they could fart out.
PK
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:29 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

True. As I said, he was an over the top jerk. But I still found the movie funny. BUT...I was also under the influence of an illegal substance at the time....so maybe it's not as good when you're STRAIGHT EDGE.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

Straight edge?! Who the hell do you think you're talking to?

Although, actually, I was, at least the second time I saw it.
PK
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:50 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

No one's calling you straight edge. I just certainly am not. Only losers don't do drugs, kids.
Silence
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:51 am  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

I think homer has lost (in the series) that childish quality I used to love. Now he's just angry all the time about crap all and there's no subtlety.

I give credit to the movie being less of a complete abomination than I thought it could easily be.

Also, didn't Matt Groening say he would only do a movie after the series ends?

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:55 am  Reply with quote

Possibly. Matt Groening is a filthly liar. But for all the cashing in on his creations he does and the way he abuses them eternally by never ending the show, I still like the guy. If you see him in action (like on the Daily Show interview I saw when the movie came out) he always just seems so into what he's doing and that everything is still so novel and fun. True, I don't agree with him, but I somehow never get the feeling of some cold-hearted money-grubbing buttface.
Silence
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:14 am  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

You pretty much summed up exactly how I feel right there, Joe.

There's new Futurama out now isn't there? I found out all about the new mini-movies and such on the intawubz but then forgot about for a while. Then I saw it somewhere so it's obviously been released. But I forgot about it until now. I hope Futurama hasn't jumped the shark in it's absence.

Imma go see what the net says about this.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 am  Reply with quote

Yeah there's one new Futurama movie out so far. I seen it illegal-style on the internet. I'll admit it's not consistently hilarious, but it blows The Simpsons movie out of the water, simply because the plot is far cooler.

I know a lot of people loooove Futurama, but I'm not as big a fan, although I did love bits and pieces of it and some of the characters are really great. But the movie won me over with mostly solid writing and I think it's very much worth watching, although there's a lot of characters and stuff in it that show up and are basically completely unexplained so unless you've seen all the rest of the series you'll be quite befuddled by that some of that stuff. Not that someone couldn't still watch the movie, but there's a lot more to get out of it if you're familiar with the rest of the show.
Silence
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:14 am  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

ooh! It has some solid writing? That's wonderful news!

I'm not a hardcore fan or anything but I have seen every episode (I think). I really hope the movies get better with each one. When I first heard they were doing four straight to DVD movies I was a bit shocked. That just sounds like failure in most cases. But if they pull it off it'll be a good indication of their talent.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, something that sounds a bit weird and annoying to me is that I read somewhere they are going to split the movies up into episodes to air (I'm not sure on what channel, it might be Cartoon Network) and will add more footage to some of the episodes to fill the necessary time and link the individual pieces together more. I'm not positive but I'm under the impression that those extra parts aren't on the current DVD so it's kind of annoying that there's apparently going to be more stuff but you'll have to see it when it's on tv.

Anyway, I don't really know how true any of that is. So maybe this is all nonsense and lies!
Silence
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:53 am  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

I think I heard that too. It's such a weird thing to do with a previously successful tv show. Make 4 movies that go straight to DVD, then break them up into episodes that have added stuff and air them.

0________0

If it works, they'll have my respect though.