Wisegay
Wisegay

This is relevant to my interests.

What can one say about it?
Magdalene
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:55 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

yeah transformers did suck a lot more than i expected it to. i think its really offensive how stupid the elite hacker/token black guy was. they always seem to portray african americans as imbiciles in movies. and when the chick went to ive him that thingy, he acted in a weird way that made no sense. also everything involving that girl and the idiot was unnecessary. also the crappily made ddr scene offended me. then the girl who was hot offended me because she was like "just because the qualities i look for in a mate are superficial, does that make me superficial?" then the kid with the hair was offensive and pretty much i only liked optimus prime. they didnt do bumble bee right =(
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:30 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I'm glad you agree it was a stupid movie. I don't mind a stupid action movie as long as I am entertained, but I pretty much wasn't. It was quite poorly written and I really didn't care about any of the characters. I don't even think Michael Bay films action all that well. I couldn't see what was going on a lot of the time. Although we also ended up sitting pretty close, which I guess is the wrong way to watch a Michael Bay movie.

What is the right way to watch it? As it leaves your hand and falls into the trash can.

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Retarded Technology

I will say this: Shia Lebouf might have a funny name, but that sonofabitch can act. That hot girl whatsherfoxname, however, not so much.
ookook
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:12 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Magdalene wrote:
also the crappily made ddr scene offended me.

YOU CAN'T PAUSE A DDR GAME! HOW CAN THIS BE?! HE SAID "I PAUSED IT!" IT MAKES NO SENSE!
And where's Hot Shot, huh? Last I checked, he was a Transformer, too!

Anyway, the fighting coordination was crap, except for when Prime battled that Dicepticon with his sword. That was the one fight scene that was cool, IMO.
Magdalene
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:13 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

yeah, and the guy was such a pro at ddr he knew the song by heart and didnt even notice it was "paused"??? since when is clumsily shuffling from side to side playing ddr? I reread my first post about how offended i was and realized in some parts, maybe people didnt know what I was talking about. In those parts I was talking about the girl who was pretty but not as hot as the hot girl.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:50 pm  Reply with quote

I think that sort of thing is the best evidence of what a shoddy movie it is. There were just so many loose strands, just so much stuff in it that lead to nowhere and wasted time. Like that stupid scorpion robot in the desert. Where'd that go?

I don't even understand why they thought a movie like this needed to have so much in it. 144 minutes!! Insane!!!! INSAAAAAANE!!!
Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:37 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

The answer to all plot holes and untied ends is sequels.

I thought Transformers was great for what it was and seeing Bumblebee get his ass kicked was a childhood dream come true. The whole Jazz / Megatron thing made me happy as well because always wanted to see that in the cartoon.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:54 pm  Reply with quote

I may forever be in the dark then because I don't think I care to give Michael Bay anymore of my money.

The more I think about it the more I have decided it is just a poor, poor film. Bad dialogue, bad writing, bad Megan Fox acting, bad pacing, bad attempts at being emotional, bad Australian accent, (mostly) easy humor, way too long, not enough robots fighting, and I'm not totally sure why but the action personally did nothing for me. I'll admit I don't really give a shit about the old Transformers either (I had some of the toys but don't remember watching the show at all), but this would be a badly constructed film regardless.

vomitous

I'd be happier to just write it off as a stupid movie that some people like and I don't if there weren't people lauding it as some kind of awesome epic. At the theater I was in, it got a distressingly impressive ovation at the end. I mean what the fuck is that?

We shall never see eye to eye on this, Jeff. NEVER!!!! And now I have used your own emoticons against you. YESSSSSSSSS!!! (make more)

Ratatoullie is a much better movie. I SAY SO!
Magdalene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:39 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

yeah, the movie was way too bad to care about a sequal. when the youngsters were brought into the government facility, and old man #1 asked "arent they kind of young?" and old man #2 replied "yes, but they're the best" I actually expected something to come of that. again, why did team austrailia/hard-to-tolerate "computer guy" even exist? I don't really even care about action, but one of my first post movie criticisms was the lack of robot action.
Transformers was a big part of my childhood. my family was very, very poor, and the first movie we ever went to was Transformers. my family watched it all the time, it was a really big thing to us when I was in my pre-chilhood stage. it has a lot of sentimental value. the movie broked my heart =(
Speaking of things that suck, popular music sucks. My husband got a job as a DJ and he is downloading a bunch of top 40 music so he can go to his jobs prepared, and we have discovered that popular music of today sucks. really, really bad.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:00 am  Reply with quote

Popular music is very bad, yes.

That is why I try to listen to bands almost nobody has heard of. For example, I see no reason not to like this girly band full of girls: http://www.myspace.com/palomar. (I did a review of their album for THIS WEBSITE, very prestigious).

Also, that is probably the best case I've heard for Transformers ruining someone's childhood. SHAME ON YOU MICHAEL BAY!!!
ookook
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:16 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

And there were naughty words in that movie, such as "masturbating" and "lubricating"......
USAgent
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:29 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Me and my girlfriend saw the movie just last week. It was pretty awesome. For reasons I care not to detail. For it would mean jerking out another sentence. Which does nothing for my post count. Like this one.

The juvenile humor, stomping about in the front yard, Jazz (I think it was him--I can't tell one from the other. I won't even begin to try.) being a walking, talking stereotype. Calling Shia and his betrothed "little bitches" was just about the more awesome thing in the movie outside of the police cruiser Transformer leaping into it's transformed state with every intention of running Bumblebee's ass right off the road.

That and Megatron flicking a human away. That was fucking fantastic. 4 times as such. Almost. I guess.

And that one guy's XBOX360 growing tentacles. Come to think of it, who the fuck walks around in down town LA with a $400 gaming console?

Aww sheets, grandmama.

sorryboss
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:06 pm  Reply with quote
Totem Pole Jeff
Totem Pole Jeff

Havent seen it. Dont plan on seeing it. Hated the cartoons, dont think i'll like the movie any better.

I am interested in what you have to say, and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter. In a related side note, i would also like to see you seriously injured in a hang-gliding accident later this week.