clunk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:10 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

hahahaha

There is technically an LTM update because as I recall I promised someone I'd continue to review Weezer albums till my death. But updating this site is such a archaic, broken process and I apparently forgot my password to do updates so I am now BANNED from updating the site for an hour. I have no idea what my password is and telling the system to send me a "forgot password" email appears to have no effect so uh... YEP.

ANYWAY HERE'S THE LINK OH WELL:

http://www.listentome.net/music49.php

Obviously you can just go straight to YouTube but I even made a page for it to sit on LTM like the old times. Isn't that just fab?
ookook
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:20 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I will always be here to occupy the forums, Joe.

Always.

ookook
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Retarded Technology

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:30 am  Reply with quote

Joe's Girl
Ubermensch
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:58 am  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

Yo nice! It may have been me who you promised that to. Regardless, I logged on in order to request a review and there already was one. Is the world just a dream construct designed to keep me pleased? Am I just a brain floating in a cat of nutrient liquid?

edit: "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again" is a good book
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:41 pm  Reply with quote

It may have been you indeed!!!

I am glad my video tricked you and met your qualifications of a review! I'm genuinely annoyed I can't post it on the front page, not that it matters in any reasonable capacity.

Another thing is: did you know that Rivers did a stupid Japanese album with some other loser? It's called SCOTT AND RIVERS!!! And it sounds like boring Weezer but with gaijin singing in Japanese. It's actually much more conventional than EWBAITE, which I think is a far weirder album than the shit Weezer's been putting out in their bad years. It's still not GOOD. It's fucking boring. But it's kind of goddamn schizo. EWBAITE I mean.

I've felt like I should review the Scott & Rivers album for a while now but ain't gotten around to it. Shameful. I actually really like one song on it and I feel like a chump for it. Oof. Oof.

I'm a POSER and I haven't finished "A Supposed Fun Thing." I like DFW more in concept than in practice. I like watching him speak. I love that video of him reading his piece about the baton competition and I've shown "This is Water" to classes I've taught. I like his concepts, he had amazing observations about life and SHIT. But his writing is dense as fuck and I get lost and sleepy. I gave up on Infinite Jest and I feel like a douche about that. I should maybe dig back into A Supposedly Fun Thang again.
Ubermensch
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:52 pm  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

FortheLoveofJoe wrote:
It may have been you indeed!!!

I am glad my video tricked you and met your qualifications of a review! I'm genuinely annoyed I can't post it on the front page, not that it matters in any reasonable capacity.

Another thing is: did you know that Rivers did a stupid Japanese album with some other loser? It's called SCOTT AND RIVERS!!! And it sounds like boring Weezer but with gaijin singing in Japanese. It's actually much more conventional than EWBAITE, which I think is a far weirder album than the shit Weezer's been putting out in their bad years. It's still not GOOD. It's fucking boring. But it's kind of goddamn schizo. EWBAITE I mean.

I've felt like I should review the Scott & Rivers album for a while now but ain't gotten around to it. Shameful. I actually really like one song on it and I feel like a chump for it. Oof. Oof.

I'm a POSER and I haven't finished "A Supposed Fun Thing." I like DFW more in concept than in practice. I like watching him speak. I love that video of him reading his piece about the baton competition and I've shown "This is Water" to classes I've taught. I like his concepts, he had amazing observations about life and SHIT. But his writing is dense as fuck and I get lost and sleepy. I gave up on Infinite Jest and I feel like a douche about that. I should maybe dig back into A Supposedly Fun Thang again.

Hey Joe. Just noticed your response to my last post during my trimonthly log-in to this forum.

I actually haven't listened to Scott & Rivers, but that could be the name of a decent mid-90s newspaper comic strip, so maybe the album is worth perusing as well.

I feel you re: DFW's writing, but he really is a great writer once you get into the meaty flesh of his work. I mostly credit taking a course on his writing last semester with actually forcing me to read through everything, but Infinite Jest is amazing once you get past the first 200 pages and I'm slowly working through The Pale King right now, although you can tell that it's an unfinished work. I actually like his fiction much more than his non-fiction.

I actually was only able to read Infinite Jest because I was using a Kindle and I could just click on the footnotes to read them. I told my professor this and he got angry at me for destroying the "sanctity" of printed word with my e-reader. Not sure how this makes me feel about DFW and his fans
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:46 pm  Reply with quote

The Scott & Rivers album is not very good. It's very standard bad Weezer pop in Japanese. I just like two songs ok!

I can tell DFW is good so it's troublesome how difficult reading him seems to be.

That is funny about the sanctity. Who cares! People are dumb. Writing is not sacred. NOTHING IS. I mean I TRY to elevate art to the level it deserves but there is a point at which you just gotta BE REASONABLE. Ain't gonna keep flippin to the back of your book all the time. Shit! I think they're endnotes right? Not footnotes? Endnotes are much worse.

I read House of Leaves somehow or other. And that had endless footnotes. It is a pain in the ass. Though I think you are also completely allowed to skip portions of it. It is interactive fiction.
Ubermensch
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 pm  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

I feel you. If I wanted to keep flippin' around I'd pick up a Choose Your Own Adventure book (they are actually quite fun)
ookook
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:12 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

The dark secret of Choose Your Own Adventure books though is that you only really get to choose which page you flip to when you're prompted to.

I tried that in a regular book once and it made no sense, though.