ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Flame-retardant
Jeff
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:44 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I don't get it either, I saw exactly one ad for this movie, ever, and it somehow manages to make that much cash? Shenanigans, have just been called, [McCain] my friends [/McCain]. Maybe people really wanted to see Kirk Cameron again but...why? The last thing he did of any value, to me anyway, was that 3DO game, The Horde, where he played a cow farmer that killed gremlins.

I guess the power of Bible Buses loaded with people is no match for taste. Not saying it's a bad movie, haven't seen it, but I'm not one to rush to my nearest video store/theatre wearing an I <3 Mike Seaver t-shirt, nervously sweating bullets as I ask the clerk if there's anything new feature Mr. Cameron and his completely hetero love of Jesus.

Still, 6 million dollary-do?s for a first week take is unbelievable plus I?m sure it?s going to cost around 40 Spacebucks when it comes out on DVD and, I?m serious, VHS. If there?s one thing these Christian based filmmakers know, it?s that people will pay stupid prices for any form of media that portrays their beliefs in a positive light. I?m sure it?ll even be shown on TV in a few years with one of those ?Prayer Donation? phone numbers splattered across the bottom of the screen, possibly taking up a quarter of it.

In all honesty, though, I thought Kirk Cameron died in the 90?s, looks like it was just his career which seems to have been...rekindled. Rolling Eyes
stuffislikerice
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:46 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

I GET IT I GET IT REKINDLED!!!!!!!11

Also, I also thought he was dead. hrm. Maybe Kirk Cameron is a robot. That would make perfect sense.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:47 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I didn't know Kirk was ever a cow farmer who killed gremlins. I guess my respect for him has increased by the amount someone playing a cow farmer who kills gremlins would make it increase.

Yeah, I think your career is sort of destined to nose dive when you go "HEY, I KNOW PEOPLE LIKE ME BUT INSTEAD I'M GONNA GO ALL JESUS ON Y'ALLS AND ONLY DO CONDESCENDING PREACHY BULLSHIT." Though it'd be nice to think that the name of that movie he did being associated to this website is what murdered his career. If only...

NICE TO SEE YOU JEFF, I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED BY THE ACTION ON THIS FORUM.

Also, just so you're aware, if you ever want to contribute to the so-called "feature" "Why Is This Happening?" please go right ahead and make your own. It's not like there has to be a format to it and I imagine we all have questions we want answered.
stuffislikerice
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:06 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

I'm gunna be real honest here, Joe. I am not sure what is the THIS in "Why Is This Happening?" Is it the generally absurd popularity of mainstream Christian movie-type-things or the fact that Kirk Cameron is obviously a robot and the public must be warned? I want to know how to make my own.

Also I did resend my article as "stuff's LTM article" or something like that in the subject. It is about the drug problems facing America and how I feel about them. It is a very very bad piece of crap-writing and I hope you love it.

That is all.

Except that I love beer and grilling. Go 'Merica.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:14 pm  Reply with quote

I BELIEVE IT IS STATED EXPLICITLY WITHIN THE ARTICLE ITSELF:

Quote:
Why has America suddenly gone bananzo for a low-budget, Christian-themed, only has one actor they've ever heard of, firefighter movie that has the tagline "Never leave your partner behind"?

Or were you just trying to be funny? Eh? Funny times??

I read your article. I think the biggest complaint I have is that it is pretty unspectacular so it is hard for me to either really enjoy it or really make fun of it. So I guess I will have to criticize it for its middle-of-the-roadness. Unless you want to send it again but make it worse, or better, but worse is more entertaining to me. But asking someone to rewrite an LTM article is like putting a hit out on a guy with no friends who never leaves the house and telling them to make it look like an accident. I'm not sure that's a decent analogy but I can't think of a better one.

Also, are you a GIRL? Did I know this before and forget? Or are you just another one of those boys with a girl's name like we sometimes get around here? I feel betrayed anyway. Here I was assuming I was having extremely infrequent internet-based interaction on an exceptionally unpopular forum with someone with a cock and balls between their legs and now I find out that is not the case at all. It's almost the opposite even. This is like walking in on your parents having sex and finding out both of your parents are girls. No, wait, that'd be pretty hot. And horrifying and gross. But still hot.

Anyway, why is there so much estrogen around here? Seriously, all you guys are girls. What's up with that shit? Thank you and good night.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:15 pm  Reply with quote

OH! And thank you for writing something and sending it again and all. I always forget to be grateful. I am such a douchebag.
stuffislikerice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 am  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

That's Ok I am a douchebag too.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 pm  Reply with quote

OH, MY GOD! You didn't answer any of the questions I had about vaginas. I remember asking a lot of vagina-oriented questions.

Also, I'm pretty sure girls can't be douchebags. They can use them in connection with douches, but they can't be them, but perhaps we should open this to debate. Also, I called you a postmodern cunt in a previous thread. Had I realized you were (and theoretically still are) female, I actually would not have done that. This is quite the double standard and I wonder if it comes off as considerate or just condescending. But, yeah, I'd call a guy a cunt no problem, but saying it to a girl seems really quite awful.

OK SO:

DEBATE #1 - Can a girl be a douchebag?

DEBATE #2 - Should I call men and women cunts equally? Hmm ah?

DEBATE #3 - Will nobody respond to this post?

Also, do you intend to join the group of LTM fans who now feel shunned and embittered, Stuff? Or do you intend to wait to see the criticism I level at your work first? Although I assume it's going to be more or less what I already said here, just more of it, and with the word "cunt" sprinkled throughout.

On another note, I think we should all start a 40-day program to fireproof our forum. So, in other words, we should all convert to Christianity.
stuffislikerice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:26 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

1- sure
2- why not?
3- I am a nobody.

Also, cunt is a great insult. You should continue to use it. And how.

ookook
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:48 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

1: Yes.
Douchebag, as described by a... valid... source... Was defined as the following;
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached f**ker or motherf**ker.
In all senses, this term can be applied to both males and females.

2: If you want, although I agree with you: It's just not right saying it to a girl.

3: I agree with Stuff. I am a nobody, as well.

Hooray Christianity!

BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:58 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

DEBATE #1 - Can a girl be a douchebag?

I agree with you Joe, in that a girl can't possibly be labelled a douchebag because of the literal meaning of the term. If she is using the bag to douche herself, how can she, in fact, be the bag? No, I think that girls who are "Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached f**ker or motherf**ker. ", would be better classified as......a cunt. Which leads me nice and cleanly into the next debate.

DEBATE #2 - Should I call men and women cunts equally? Hmm ah?

I don't believe that the term "cunt" is interchangeable within the same definition for both genders. If you're going to call a man a cunt, I think it is more of a joking manner...like how guys call their friends names out of affection rather than as an insult. If you're going to call a woman a cunt, it would for surely be an insult, much like what I just described in the previous debate.

DEBATE #3 - Will nobody respond to this post?

Surely this particular debate was unnecessary as within hours of you posting this question, three people have already responded.
stuffislikerice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

I call ALL my lady friends cunts! They love it! Affection!

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

In regards to both debates, I think I really overall just don't call girls bad words, not exactly because I don't want to offend them, but because it sounds stupid. Like there used to be this hilarious clip on YouTube from a HENTAI that showcased its awful dubbing, but the writing was also awful and one bit of it had a guy calling a girl an asshole. I mean, honestly, who calls a girl an asshole? It just sounds funny. Do girls ever call other girls assholes? Huh, do ya? Anyway, yeah, it's the same thing for douchebag. It just sounds silly.

Literally, the only words I think work in reference to females are "bitch" and "cunt," but you can actually use those in reference to guys AS WELL. And, the thing about these is I can't imagine ever actually saying them to a girl (except that one time I did it on here lol) because it would seem really harsh. And I'd overall probably never use "cunt," even if I was just talking about a girl. If I actually genuinely don't like a girl, I think I'd call her a bitch (though I can't imagine having the balls to say this to a girl's face).

So I guess...

DEBATE #4 - Do girls curse at each other? What curses do you use? I guess you call your female friends cunts, Stuff. But you're probably a nutball.

DEBATE #J - Considering this forum is made up of so many females (uh 3 if we count pseudo-alive Magdalenananfa-Tiffany?) HOW COME NONE OF YOU WILL FUCKING RECORD THAT THING I WANT FOR MY STUPID INTERNET SONG THAT WILL BE RELEASED AROUND 2018??? CAITY ARE YOU JUST IGNORING ME IN REGARDS TO THIS MATTER NOW!? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE INTERNET FAMOUS?! YOU GUYS ARE NOT MY FRIENDS.

xoxo
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:53 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

DEBATE #4 - Do girls curse at each other? What curses do you use? I guess you call your female friends cunts, Stuff. But you're probably a nutball.

Girls curse at each other, usually in a jocular fashion unless it's a cat fight...."Bitch" is a very good one, as is "whore"...those are the biggies that I can think of off the top of my head.

DEBATE #J -

Arghh.....okay yes I was ignoring you for a while, now you're making me feel bad. I'M GETTING TO IT!!!! Actually, you know what...I'm going to play the guilt trip now. Being a single mom going to college, I don't exactly have much time to dick around on my computer...I'm either in class, taking care of my son, or doing homework (which I always seem to be falling behind in). Apart from that, I haven't even unpacked my microphone since I moved...and don't even know if my computer has a sound recorder. I'll see if I can sometime this week...next week I have three midterms though so there are no guarantees.

Question: Why is it called Debate #J?
stuffislikerice
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:22 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

J is for JOE!