ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Shameless, clumsy pandering to my demographic
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I fear success, it's why I have a hard time finishing things. Spending a year working on a script and actually sending it, that's what got to me.

So, no homo...well, maybe a little.

Here's a idea, create a kickstarter for an indie film about who cares. Record everything involved with running it like cutting promos, donation rewards and stuff. Once the kickstater is over and you get the funds, release what you've recorded; a documentary about running a kickstarter. Hipsters would eat it up cause it's "soooo meta" and you get exposure plus leftover cash.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I am comfortable with up to 37% homo.

I ALSO fear success. It is a funny and frankly egotistical thing to fear considering it's usually not anywhere near as within our reach as we'd like to think.

This film idea is really rather good. Only question being I'm not sure what you'd actually film. Me writing up the description on YouTube and then after that me laughing and smelling money is all I can think of so far.
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I'll go 18% now and bank the other 19 for a rainy day, my accountant will handle the paperwork.

Start with a shoddy version of the unimportant film, narrate over it like "By Odin's girth, I will see this to completion" or something then lament about needing money to make it not suck. Go into explaining kickstarter, show it in a positive light, mention all the finished, donor-funded projects (I haven't found any yet).

Then make one for your "film" as you record. Some kickstarters have a pitch video so you'd film the making of that. Then it's just self-reflection until the donor window closes. You've already got an ending, that's the hardest part. To pad things out, toss in a seemingly unrelated B plot (surprise, your spiteful landlord was your highest donor).

Use the same title as the fake film to avoid accusations of scamming. Hell, actually record parts of it to splice in. Maybe write it as a satire on the current state of the film industry and the growing number of privately funded micro-studios.

I'm going to stop typing now.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

This project is greenlit far as I'm concerned.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:33 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I am really confused now. I expected this Community thing to be created by Joe Matar considering the latest link on the main page? Finally the BIG BREAK in screen writing. I had never heard of Community before.

I also don't know who this jewlooker character is but she a purdy, sort of, in a jewlooker way, whatever that means.

Oh, right, the French-Canadienne from Mad Men. I never did bother looking up what the actress' name was. I thought she looked French.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 am  Reply with quote

Some of Community is some of my favorite TV ever.

YES, Alison Brie is a total hottie boombalottie. I always try to champion Gillian Jacobs, but I do have trouble blocking out the ever-present animal boobnetism of Brie.