ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Shameless, clumsy pandering to my demographic
USAgent
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Thy name is Community. That Alison Brie is real jewlooker, though.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:17 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Which part of it is clumsy? The tits? Clumsy tits?

I am ultimately more of a Gillian man but Alison is real jewlooker, sure.
USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:25 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Each take with Gillian I have strange feelings. Like, she's attractive looking in one shot and then in the next her nose and gaunt cheeks are really exaggerated. But then she shows up again and she's fine. Her looks doesn't stay consistent and typing out these concerns one handed are becoming increasingly problematic.

Last edited by USAgent on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 am  Reply with quote

Ohmigosh. I feel very similar. I kind of love her more than Alison on principle, but, yeah, sometimes her face is scary. Looks like she had plastic surgery done but I think that's just her face.

Evidently the fact that she looks like post-op MJ was a big joke on set, to the point they had her be an impersonator in the one episode.

I liked Goth Britta quite a bit. Who don't like Goth Britta.
USAgent
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:03 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I always saw the MJ resemblance but didn't want to focus on it for fear or being teased by my internet peers. Now that the cat is out of proverbial bag I can feel a degree more comfortable. I just began season 3, though, and I am not liking how the characters are all slowly becoming Chang. I don't like how Ken Jeong is always given liberty to act like a cunty. It's all any of his roles every really turn into.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 pm  Reply with quote

That's semi-true. At the same time they did manage to give his character more depth than one might expect from a guy just acting like a cunty all the time. At least they did in Season 2. Season 3 he's kind of just a cunty again... But I like him as a villain of sorts.

And Season 3 does have some problems with the characters getting a bit too EXTREME at times. There are definite moments of spottiness. As I recall (but Season 3 got spaced out over like 10 years due to midway hiatus) the season kind of went okay, then best episode ever, then okay, then pretty bad, then really great and makes me all sappy-happy.
USAgent
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Oh, right. I remember there was a movement petitioning for Season 3 of CommuniTITy because there was this extended hiatus or something going on with it. Oh, that and Dan Harmon and some other writers aren't returning for the next season so the dynamic will be half hip and happening and half lackluster. Is it just me or when Season 2 rolled around did Annie really jump into the spotlight? Britta took a backseat in many episodes which was strange. And now, whenever she does open her mouth, I'm highly irritated with whatever she has to say. This is terrifyingly offensive to the blonde demographic.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:34 pm  Reply with quote

I still like Britta but to some extent I do think in the third season she often gets boiled down too much to a one-note joke of "SCREAM MISGUIDED ACTIVIST THING" or she just, y'know, does something wrong in a rather blatant fashion.

I don't remember noticing it too specifically but Season 2 was probably pretty Annie as that's when they realized everyone hoped for an Annie-Jeff bangin situation. Romance in general doesn't get nearly as much attention in Season 3, which, being a bitter shit (or a shitter), I generally support.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 pm  Reply with quote

Hey, chum(p)s.

You can read my Community spec script if you like. I dunno. It's better than some of the real Season 3 episode and far worse than all the others.

BLAMMO:

http://www.joematar.com/2012/10/02/community-spec-script-the-science-of-sleep-deprivation/

Last edited by FortheLoveofJoe on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:19 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Falsifying something to drum up attention? Joe, I am aghast, appalled and slightly aroused.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

Whatevs, I never even went through with it, whatevs.
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

You know I still luvs ya.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 am  Reply with quote

Whateva, bro, whateva.
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:10 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Honestly, I've never seen Community before so I haven't read your script cause I'd be completely lost. I don't even know when it's on.

The story behind it in your post though, all kidding aside, actually got to me. I hope you find yourself in Hollywood, America someday throwing coffee at interns and having cars towed for being half an inch over into your private parking space. If someone from here is to succeed, it may as well be you.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 pm  Reply with quote

That's fair! There are a number of jokes that only make sense from having knowledge of the show.

I got to you! What the hell is this gay shit. Anyway, that's all very kind stuff for you to say. Thanks. Working for Community would've been a wondahful dream, but some part of me does believe I am usually the worst guy to fit into other people's work, so I hope to explode onto Hollywood, America with some kind of my own thing that ruins a lot of lives all at the same time.