ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Garfield funny again
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I very much enjoyed Gringo's 9 Lives of Garfield review as I remember that particular movie of my childhood with a sense of nostalgic joy! I remember the piano short most fondly indeed even it was strangely disturbing for a 10 year old. The great "concert" performed for a dying cat on her final night in this world somehow still touches my not-so-steely heart.

And if you somehow neglected the great Gringo's words I again recommend:

http://garfieldminusgarfield.net

Too funny!
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:20 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I saw that cartoon when I was a kid too and I remember thinking it was pretty disturbing. It was such dark subject matter (DEATH) first of all and then it had these odd arty parts and times where Garfield looked and behaved not in the least like Garfield which just confused me and left me all the more unsettled.
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:17 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I remember watching that too along with the commercials for it with the old CBS announcer telling everyone to stay tuned to watch Garfield die for an hour.

I actually have the book version of it somewhere. I think two of the stories were replaced with something else. I know for sure the piano cat one wasn't in the book, think it was replaced by a detective story with everyone drawn as realistic cats.

I don't know, the whole thing was weird but neat at the same time. It's not often the creator of a popular character decides to fuck around with death scenarios of said character and share it with an audience.