ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  OH MY GOD

Ever get the feeling when you are so god damn cold that there is absolutely no way you will ever get warm?
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Yes, on occassion
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Only in Canada
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

So let me tell you....

The temperature outside today is -30 Celsius.....that is -22 Fahrenheit, for my Imperial friends.

That wouldn't be so bad, here in Northern Canada....if only my FURNACE HAD NOT DIED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!

At about 4am it was too cold for Kaspar to sleep in his own bed anymore, and despite never having slept in my bed before, that is the only way he could sleep...but only an hour and a half later. And when he did fall asleep, it was in the very middle of my single bed...so I was cuddled up as close as possible so as to not fall off or freeze, not wanting to move him for fear of waking him up.

Had to take him to the dentist (long story, he basically almost knocked a tooth out last week, and I think he killed the root so the tooth is dying a slow and semi-painful death) and then after I got him back to daycare, I locked my keys in my car while it was running....ARGHHHH!!!!

I waited over an hour and a half for the tow truck to arrive, and then it took him about 40 minutes to get into the damn thing. Apparently, BMW does not wish to make it easy for hacks to get into their vehicles. $78 later, I finally made it back to my place with about 2 minutes to spare before my next class.

There are currently strange men in my home installing a new furnace, and the temperature in my room is a whopping 12 degrees (53, for you imps). Sounds like it might be on soon....

I feel like I will never warm up!!!!
USAgent
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Fifty-three degrees in your own home? I had never felt that level of chill before. I'm so sorry, Cat--BDM. D: Sounds friggin' horrid.

How's K fairing?

BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

You've never felt that level of chill before.....anywhere? Not even outside? Eek...haha so you wouldn't even be able to imagine the sub-zero temperatures we've been having lately!

K is faring rather well (apart from his tooth business, anyway)...it's crazy how much that boy wants to read books all the time...just sits down and reads (or gets me to read) one book after another. His current favourite is one about wicked witches, and he makes a witch sound (hehehehe!) or any book that has pirates in it, where he goes "Arghhhh!" He's almost a year and a half old now...crazy huh?
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

That's cool. I used to read like a motherfucker when I was really young too. So much so that I remember when we had FREE PLAY time at Preschool i'd just go off and read something, usually The Hungry Caterpillar because evidently I found the ending surprising every time.

So actually what I mean by "cool" is that he reminds me of the anti-social reading-obsessed little thing I used to be that grew up into the anti-social, people-hating thing with a beer belly that I am now. And I hardly ever read anymore too because it takes so long and I'm so lazy.

I worry for the K-Man.

Sorry this went negative so quickly. It was initiated with positivity in mind. I think it's cool he likes reading so much, but I can't help but notice the horribleness it fostered in me. But I guess he's Canadian so everything works differently there anyway. Still, don't let him read any Harry Potter. Them there's witchcrafts, you know?
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:03 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Hahah, yeah I think he's more into the evil green wart-faced witches we come to know as children. They at least have the laugh...I don't think the Hogwarts witches have the cackle, so therefore they are not witches. Neutral

We'll see, grasshopper, how he turns out. I'll love him anyway...I'm sure your mother loves all of your antics regardless. For now, I'll encourage the extra reading because he talks like crazy and I give credit to the books for that one. Funny little kid, I say.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I don't have a furnace and I usually don't mind it being around five degrees C indoors in winter at night here. Cool

I watch the show Ice Road Truckers and I thought Canadians could handle all kinds of cold. They're some manly men on that show, not like American truckers who need handjobs at every truck stop. They should make a sequel to that 18 Wheels game which I reviewed once set in Canada. Or Mexico. Or your mom.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:19 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

There was a game called Cross Country Canada where you were a truck driver and had to deliver crap everywhere across Canada...and it was a pretty neat little game. One of those games you play in junior high because its a default thing installed on every computer.

The ice road truckers are in the extreme stuff anyway....North West Territories...I'm sure they can withstand anything! I'm pretty resilient, but that doesn't stop me from hating it anyway. But I like my house to be warm when I'm expecting it to be...I like to wake up and be comfortable in my tank top, not to have to immediately put on 5 layers of clothing as I step out of bed.