ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Showing Some Love
Brooke
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am  Reply with quote
A girl.

Hey guys, yesterday morning after reading the news (on cnn.com), I clicked on "Your Daily Dumb" and found the story of the three chicks who robbed the Dollar General using your "How To" guide. Freaking hilarious! You must be so proud.

But then I've read a ton of other reviews and essays, and I gotta say, I'm super impressed! I came back later last night and I was laughing so hard my boyfriend thought I was high... but I wasn't!!

Joe is my favorite.

Anyway, I thought the best way to pay tribute would be to register at your forum and show you some loves! Please keep up the good work.

Joe's Girl

Thanks!!
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:09 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Hey! That is so cool that website is linked on CNN. I had no idea actually. Yes, we are very proud of Lauren for the robbery debacle.

That is very nice to hear that you like the site. We don't get much in the way of feedback, generally speaking, so it's nice to know there are people out there who would like us to keep up with this nonsense. I wonder around what era of LTM you are reading from or if it's just scattered? The further you go back, especially in the case of my stuff, the more juvenile and retarded things get. We take no legal responsibility for getting you high through the internet.

Joe is my favorite too! I am in no way biased.

Actually, the best way to pay tribute is to pay money. To me. But I guess, failing that, this is a fine gesture as well. Welcome to our banana forum. Most of the time nobody actually posts, but if we all hope and pray really hard forever, eventually some good is sure to come from it, I'm sure. That's how organized religion works and surely there wouldn't be so much of that around if it was a complete waste of time.

You're from Birmingham? Like the British one? How come you spell "favorite" like a dirty Yank?!

Last edited by FortheLoveofJoe on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:11 pm  Reply with quote

Oh, that's so awesome. I genuinely forgot that you can't use the word gl0rious at all -- that lovely poster just pops up. Hoisted by my own petard!

Speaking of which, I'm glad to see you found the dead hooker.
stuffislikerice
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:48 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

Alabama! Alabama!

Brooke
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:24 am  Reply with quote
A girl.

I actually started from the first page and worked my way back a little. And later started from the back and worked my way forward. Since you like feedback, I think I like your reviews the best. The 3 that stand out in my mind are the Darjeeling Limited (I hated that movie!), Fireproof and, of course, your review of the statue of David. I found that one particularly amusing and not just because my brother's annoying boyfriend wants a 7' statue of him for his garden. The man doesn't even have a garden!

Anyway, yeah, I definitely appreciate the time you guys have put into this little project. I'm sure there are many more amazing little gems to be read around here. I only wish I'd discovered this place before I quit my job. I could've wasted soooo much company time around here.

The next time I get really pissed off and write some psyscho rant, I'm going to submit it to you guys and maybe I'll be lucky enough for you to pick me apart and make it even funnier! I have an old one I thought was pretty funny about Robin Quivers and The Martha's Vineyard Detox diet. Pretty boring huh? I put my passion into the dumbest shit.

And yes, it's Birmingham, Alabama.

Viva la LTM!
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Woooo another girl who isn't only-maybe-a-girl like stuffislikerice!!!!! Haha welcome to LTM if I have any kind of authority to say that.

You'll be a better writer for the site than me...I get pissed off if Joe wants to change my shit so I just stopped. Damn Joe. It's funny how everyone has their own little story of how they found LTM in the first place.

I personally enjoy a lot of Gringo's stuff, but I say that because I think you're playing up Joe's ego quite a bit, so I'll add another dimension.

JOE!!!! Now there's another girl who can record your thing for you!!!!!!! Actually, I got a recording device for Christmas that I could do that right now actually...actually try it out. It's a handheld digital recorder, so I should really figure out how it works anyway, how to get things onto the computer. Okay, Kaspar's napping right now so I'll do it I guess........jeez.
Brooke
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 pm  Reply with quote
A girl.

Thanks a lot! I'm curious, how did you find this place?

Maybe I shouldn't have singled Joe out, I do enjoy all of their stuff. But I guess everyone deserves a good ego-stroke now and then!

I'm going to be really busy for the next ten months so I'm bound to get pissed off enough to write a half-way decent rant or something. Who knows? I sure hope so though.
USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:52 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY

No, but seriously. Hi.

Anyway, Joseph, when can we forum-people start contributing reviews?

USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:53 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY

No, but seriously. Hi.

Anyway, Joseph, when can we forum-people start contributing reviews?

ookook
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:51 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

DOUBLÉ POSTE!

Welcome, Brooke! This is a forum! And I'm an ookook! 'Tis quite delectable to have another victim to our... fun... or something. I don't even know, I'm just rambling on about the first thing that comes to mind. I like cookies! Do you like cookies? Me too.

And yes, when can we start contributing reviews? Do you just want us to email them to you or something?

BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:19 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I can't remember what it was that brought me here the first time...I think I was searching for stuff on the movie "Scrooged" for no apparent reason and the LTM review came up on Google so I spent some time reading through everything, and then eventually made my way over to the forum.

That was quite a long time ago now actually...quite a few months pre-pregnancy that's for sure, because I remember flipping out on the guys for giving me a hard time and telling them that I was pregnant, possibly in hopes of making them feel guilty.

Joe's Girl
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, why did you people think I was going to drop some specific date on you at which you could send things? You can always send things and I'll always take forever to do anything with them. For example, Stuff sent me something about 87 years ago, which I've yet to address. I suppose I still should. Terribly sorry about that, Stufferson. Perchance I will look into this matter when I'm not dying of stomach hatred.

Anyway, yeah, send me junk whenever the hell you want. You can even send them to my real e-mail, joeplork@gmail.com , since I just publicized it to the WORLD in that other thread anyway and because I end up accidentally deleting a lot of the e-mails that go to my LTM account due to the fact that 99% of it is spam.

Oh, and Brooke, if you want your voice to be heard in a ridiculous musical based composition that's been several months in the making and has more yet to come, just read the superlong first post in that HEY LADIEZZZZ topic.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:18 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I think Joe wants something besides his ego stroked.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

You stay away from my cat.

Lololol, get it? I pretended to assume you meant something more innocent than what you were implying, which was my penis.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:37 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I thought you were alluding to your pussy