ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Annoying Walkers
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:35 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I quite enjoyed this article, Joe...and I don't think you even need to be from a big city to be affected by some of these people. Perhaps not the barreler. The place I have noticed most of these people was in college. People walk like retards. The one that bothers me the most is the European...that really drives me crazy, you walk on the right side people...the RIGHT!! However, the 3+ group is also annoying because if you need to pass them, you basically have to turn sideways to squeeze through, and they aren't walking so slow that you just need to walk regular pace to pass...you actually have to speed up to a near run. And you frequently pass them when you are by yourself with no friends...alas, poor you. I also don't like it when people are carrying a ton of bags and shit and you can hardly get by them without brushing something off their arm. They frequently are also walking incredibly slow because they are so loaded down.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:32 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

THANKS! I am glad you enjoyed it!

I hadn't really thought about people holding lots of junk. I did think of people holding big things that take up more of the sidewalk, like those suitcases with wheels. I am going to try to do two more parts in the next three days, but it's going to be pretty difficult.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:51 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Haha yeah the suitcases with wheels are very irritating. Especially if you are behind one and it catches a little pebble in it's wheel and gets stuck. And then the whole rhythm of the street/hallway is ruined. I'm not sure if that's ever happened to me but I can see it in my mind and it is terrible.
ookook
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:52 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

My walking pace is a lot faster than most people I know, e.g. my entire school. So I end up being the one maneuvering in and out of the lines going either directions. I could totally be an ace pilot!
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:09 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I managed to get good at rugby by always side-stepping people in malls. Some o' dem mother fuckers slower than molasses, uh huh.
JCC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:55 pm  Reply with quote
Internet Jesus

Sweet article. I can't wait for the next two installments. On the content itself, I've seen and been annoyed by all of the types mentioned, so I definitely know where you're coming from.

sorryboss
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:16 pm  Reply with quote
Totem Pole Jeff
Totem Pole Jeff

I'm guilty of a few of them myself, sometimes on purpose, sometimes because im drunk. Also sometimes because im the most important guy in the world.

I am interested in what you have to say, and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter. In a related side note, i would also like to see you seriously injured in a hang-gliding accident later this week.
PK
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:07 pm  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

I weave in and out of people like a dark skinned running back when I'm in a hurry. Otherwise, it's go with the flow.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:45 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Oh PK, you are so funny!
ookook
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:30 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

. . .
Now that I've actually read the articles, what about the Flood Controllers?

Those are the type that get so fed up with annoying walkers, that they intentionally yell at the top of their lungs some sort of battle cry and shred (not literally SHRED, but you get the idea) through the slow-moving crowd in front of them. They are often followed by people who realize that they can get through the small path that the Flood Controller creates in his wake, and who are lucky enough to be behind him at the time.

They're sort of similar to the Barrellers, but on a much more extreme, lack-of-dignitied, and respectless level.

I think I just made up a few words up there...
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:45 pm  Reply with quote

Flood Controllers is a good term and I hadn't thought of the people who follow in the wake of such a person, which I thank you for pointing out, but this sounds like a very specific situation you are presenting. I frankly have never witnessed such a spectacle. Is there a high population of vikings in your area or something?

There is a group I am planning to have in the last part that will cover something somewhat similar, I suppose.
ookook
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:13 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I am totally not referring to myself as a Flood Controller and my friends as the Tide-Followers, nope, no way...

>_>
<_<

Although now that you mention it, I do think I know someone of Viking ancestry, if that's still possible...
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:05 pm  Reply with quote

Dear OokOok,

I stole your phrase "Flood Controllers" and used it to describe a different type of walker. Please let me know if this infuriates you and, if so, I will remove the name and your newfound internet fame altogether.

Sincerely,
Das Management
ookook
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:10 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Dear Das Management,

Ninjas are equally awesome.
*thumbs up*

Much Heart,
OokOok

I am curious, however, as to what the sign in the Ninja Picture was supposed to say. I see a OST NO OOSES, So I'm tempted to say Lost no mooses, but that'd be grammatically incorrect...
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:43 am  Reply with quote

Yes it does say "ost no ooses" but it is not supposed to be "lost no mooses." It's supposed to be based on a current event and should maybe theoretically offend people, but maybe it's a bit abstract.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER GUESSES?! This might be something specific to the NY/NJ area, honestly I don't know, I haven't been around there for a month.