ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Jew? No. (part deux)
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:53 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I liked your ridiculously long review Joe. Duley noted that you incorporated some of my teen pregnancy concerns....

Anyway, I still don't want to see Juno even though my friends tell me it's so funny and I would like it. I just don't think I would.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:59 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Wow, you actually read it all? Impressive! I suppose it isn't so much a review as it is a term paper systematically detailing all of the script flaws. Fun for me!!!

I discussed it with a friend who likes it okay recently and although I guess I can accept his reasons for liking it in a way, I had counter-arguments about its suckitude for pretty much everything he said and he more or less had to agree with me.

YES! TAKE THAT! I HEREBY ESTABLISH MYSELF AS OFFICIAL JUNO-TAKER-DOWNER!! ALL WHO STEP TO ME SHALL FALL!!!!

One day I hope to professorize at a university and start a class called The Flaws of Juno 101 and it will be an entire semester of nothing except picking apart why the movie fails.

Also, as for seeing the film, I oddly reccommend it in the sense that, for one, it's such a runaway success already that paying to see it at this point probably makes no major difference and, two, it's so incredibly overrated that it feels worth it to me to find out where one stands on it in relation to SOCIETY AS A WHOLE as a matter of curiosity. Well, that's more true for myself and my bizarre mindset. Normal people probably don't need to bother. Also, you could always just rent it.

But, yeah, the only basis for seeing it is because it's made such a splash so I sort of needed to see it because of its status as a veritable social phenomenon. Otherwise, it would've just been a shit film I'd have ignored.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:27 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Yeah, I guess it might be a bit of a point of curiosity to me...a guilty pleasure maybe? Something you love to hate.

Yeah I did read the whole thing. I did have to read it in two parts though...I had to feed and bathe and put Kaspar to bed before I could come back to the computer.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm  Reply with quote

I certainly love to hate the Juno!

Thank you for reading the whole thing!
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:19 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Haha no problem...and from your reply before (up there), looks like you could still write novels about how much you hate this movie! Must be worth watching just for pure interest's sake.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, I will write a novel inspired by the movie and it will just be like "IT IS SHIT!" for 300 pages.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:41 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I'm just glad this piece of garbage didn't win any Oscars. Oh, wait.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:47 pm  Reply with quote

Sad Yeah, it basically won the one Oscar it totally shouldn't have gotten...although it shouldn't have gotten any.

But other than that it was a surprisingly decent year for the Oscars, mostly voiting for real movies rather than shit dramas or ridiculously overt messages disguised as narrative film.

Although I do think There Will Be Blood is a lot better than No Country for Old Men.
USAgent
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:53 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I myself compared this jubilation to people in the middle ages really looking forward to the arrival of the Plague, you know, because while it ravages everything, it just might destroy and dispose of a few people you want gone anyway.

Regardless of all of the pyro and ballyhoo, I would be a lot more well off without Ellen Page taking awesome roles and stinking it up with her face/and or acting ability.

Look at Juno. I expected a more dry-wit/cynical outlook on life. What I got were dark anecdotes whilst on a highway littered with dangerzone.

HIGHWAY TO THE DANGERZONE. TAKE YOU RIGHT INTO THE DANGERZONE.

USAgent
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:46 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I didn't know much about Juno when I first stepped into the theaters to watch it. From the very first lines of dialogue, however, I began to hate it. It made me realize before I even knew who Diablo Cody was, that this was a person who I hated to my very core. Fuck her. Fuck this film. Fuck its fans.

USAgent
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:49 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

And you know what? This isn't me trying to reason objectivity in an subjective medium. Sometimes one can view a piece of work and realize it is simply bad. This is the most concise, concrete thought I will ever submit to this part of the ashtray that if the cool kids club we attend regularly.

jacktimo
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 am  Reply with quote
A girl.

Yeah I did read the whole thing. I did have to read it in two parts though...I had to feed and bathe and put Kaspar to bed before I could come back to the computer.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:08 am  Reply with quote

wow spambots are just copying old posts now. creepy stuff spambot.
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I like to think these bots are sitting in a sweatshop for machines, begging others to buy digital currency so their chinese programmer overlords will show even the slightest shred of mercy.

Someday, one will break free.
USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

The bots have taught me a valuable lesson of how to act like an incredibly smug and arrogant asshole and to talk back to those more knowledgeable than I.

If the bots were 2004 Joe