ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Underrated/Bizarre/Little-Known Movies
Lauren2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:07 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Wave Twisters - An animated film by DJ Qbert. The audio for the entire movie is funky beats, with dialogue sampled from records, and scratched. The visuals are synced with the scratching. Super trippy. My favorite scene is one of the first when you meet a space dentist getting high.

Kenny - An Australian mockumentary about a guy working for a septic tank cleaning company. Its one of those movies where not a whole lot happens (think Napoleon Dynamite), but it's funny, engaging, and quite endearing.

Boss Nigger - A gem among blacksploitation films. I have watched so many blacksploitation films, and good ones are extremely rare. This is a comedy/western that is surprising funny.

The Wizard of Speed and Time - I am not sure there are other movies like this. A special effects artist named Mike Jittlov made it after dealing with too many asshole Hollywood types, and thought, "Fuck it. I will just make the movie I want to see." Apparently it took him five years to complete.

A Boy and his Dog - Don Johnson is trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic nuclear waste land with his dog...who is telepathic.

The Thirteenth Floor - Came out at the same time as the Matrix, and was completely overshadowed. This is one movie where you should watch it with-out knowing anything about it first. It blew my mind.

Note: Some of these you can watch in their entirety on youtube.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:55 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Have you guys seen any of these? Also I was wondering if you have seen The Beaver Trilogy? Its a really weird documentary.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:21 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I have seen Boss Nigger. I remember it being surprisingly morose. A lot of people die and he gets all fucked up as I recall.

I remember learning about all the Beaver and Orkly Kid stuff. In fact, somewhere in the back of my head I feel I have memories of the Orkly Kid so I may have seen it. I don't remember very well. It all seems like a mad DRUG DREAM.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:37 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

People die in Boss Nigger, but not anymore than a regular western. I think you were having a Drug Dreamz, bro.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:03 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

IT ENDS VERY SADLY SO MOROSE SHUT IT UP.