ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Desticular Shadows
Jeff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:52 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

That's the laziest knock-off of Quantum Leap I've ever seen.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:29 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

And the other game from the same team or guy or whatever, Time Hollow, sounds like it's basically the same damn thing. They don't know how to make nothin' else.
Jeff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:44 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

So you finish a chapter, die in the next, find out how not to die and then do it over and over again?

Goddamn that's...just stupid.

You should try a LPing a mulitplayer game. There's what, 3 or 4 of you guys, right? Break out some old Arcade games or something, not many LPer's do co-op stuff.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:16 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, I dunno if Time Hollow was the exact same thing but it was time jumping and boring, as I understand it. Shadow of Destiny in theory gets slightly more complicated. People laud it for the plot. But I just remember being crazy bored.

Yes, strong case for co-op though we might need to get a real capture card so we can actually play it on a system and not an emulator with superslowdown. There's been talk of multiplayer games that might make for a funny thing but I tend to create problems by being a hermit gamer and not caring about the majority of multiplayer experiences. But, yeah, it's obviously a sensible enough idea, if we get a capture card.
Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:55 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Well you guys could try some older system emulators to start with (no slowdown) but I think that just limits you to A Nightmare on Elm Street, Secret of Mana, Gauntlet and Super Bomberman since the rest of the 3+ player ones are sports titles. There's a few N64 games with 4 player co-op story modes, the port of Hexen is one but it's split screen so monitor size could help or hurt it. But, yeah, a capture card would give you more options.

I get the hermit thing, I prefer single player but multiplayer is fun with people you like or if you just want to make a complete stranger miserable for no good reason. With a group of friends, you can do things like steal power-ups or get them killed and it's fun. Insults will be tossed around and slight injuries may be acquired but that's OK cause you just stuck a plasma grenade onto their back as they drove off into destiny's waiting arms so it's worth it. You just can't do that type of stuff going solo.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:46 pm  Reply with quote

We just started playing Primordia because it's BRAND NEW. I mostly like it so far. But that's just another adventure game.

Yes, there is a joy in multiplayer. I haven't properly played a multiplayer game in ages. We might do Resident Evil 5 some time. Keran and I haven't played it and the other two guys have so maybe they'd be okay with sitting back and shouting at it.

Nightmare on Elm Street sounds like a blast!!!! I mean it'll suck in reality but yeah.