ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  I kill white people and get paid for it. What's not to like?
USAgent
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:09 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Tarantino is making another movie. Only instead of dead nigger storage we're getting the tale of Jamie Foxx on a revenge quest. So it's like Kill Bill dripped in chocolate.

I was wonder, though, how the movie would do if the roles would be reversed. Realistically it wouldn't work because the context is different. Role reversal would be a slave running off with a slave owner's wife, and the slave owner chasing him down and killing black guys along the way. So in addition to owning and abusing black guys, and seeing them as unequal, he's taking pleasure in taking the lives of those he's already dominant over. This is the hero of the story.

In order to TRULY reverse the roles, it'd have to be a white guy that was a slave to a black guy. Which might actually be met with intrigue, because it'd be a social commentary via alternate history. Instead we're getting people drinking their orange juice and bitching over imageboards about how white people are getting uppity at being felled by a negro in the cinema.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:45 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

This is a very interesting point! And Kill Bill dripped in chocolate is funny.

It would be pretty fascinating to imagine a story with the concept of a white person enslaved by a black person. The issue with it is that, because of the history we DO have, making such a story would still be a reaction to what our history actually IS. In other words, there's no way you could craft such a thing and then play dumb like you didn't know it would be controversial because, even if you were interested in exploring this dynamic, on some level you'd have to be pretty damn aware of the controversy you'd be courting, in which case you'd need to have a REALLY good basis for why you did this. If it was just a hollow bit of offensiveness that provoked people but did NOT thought-provoke them (see what I've done?) you'd get the fuck shitted out of you. Certainly critically. If not irl.

If I wrote such a thing personally it'd be almost purely to inspire controversy. The only issue I could see exploring with it right now is the way in which so many whites verbally pussyfoot around black people these days, trying their best not to offend them, but basically only learning to be afraid of getting CAUGHT being racist, rather than actually making significant efforts to be genuinely not racist. But this would still be an insanely touchy subject to approach and teeters dangerously on the edge of the completely misguided argument that the opinions of white people of today are often silenced and black people have the power and how come there's no White History Month and blah blah blah I'm an asshole.

I really do think it's an interesting idea. But I'd also be totally horrified to make any attempt to approach it due to being vaguely white and fearful of the backlash. Offhand, I imagine one criticism could be that the writer is just a dumbass trying to lash out at this new America he doesn't understand where his government is run by a minority president.

Actually, dumb though this is, it'd certainly throw a wrench into the works if a black person wrote the story. Quite honestly, I see no real way to get away with it at all unless a black person was the creator. Another level that could be added to it would be what if there was some way to somehow release the book with the claim that it was by a black person and then later reveal it's by a white guy? Or vice versa? Or that it was originally written by a mixed race American? But then it turned out to be an immigrant? And an Arab? AND THAT ARAB WAS OBAMA!!!

MINDFUCKED YA, SOCIETY!!!
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

YES BRILLIANT!!! I definitely want a movie about a white slave running off with a black slave-owner's wife! How about in a weird post-apocalyptic South Africa where such a thing may very well seem realistic? No more damn prawns, please! I can definitely see Spike Lee getting involved in something like this with Samuel L. Jackson playing the enraged black slave owner determined to recover his property (and his wife).

The first few scenes could be made to be a complete parody of Gone with the Wind, with the Black Master riding a white horse with white slaves all around him working his estate. And then we switch to a parody of Mandingo with the Master's expensively-clad wife eying a young shirtless muscular white man doing physical labour. Someone is already masturbating at the prospect of this.

You can just imagine the Black Master going into a rampage smashing his own fabulous possessions and whipping his white slaves and is overcome with such fury that he mistakenly sets his plantation mansion alight having it burn to the ground leaving him only with thoughts of revenge. OR the Abolitionist United Global Union Army destroy it in a war.

And thus he sets out on his quest of vengeance, brutally killing black soldiers of the Union Army in ever more imaginative ways until finally encountering the white Mandingo and his wife hiding out in an abandoned... structure. We'll work on the plot details later.

Title theme goes like,
"Long summer day make a black man lazy,
Long summer day
Long summer day make a cracker run away
Long summer day"

It may very well prove to be the most controversial movie ever but also the greatest.

Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

So, I guess you don't think much of the idea, huh? Sad Crying or Very sad Mad