ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Promeatyus

Could Promethus win a Predator?
I really don't know how else to say yes.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

USAgent
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:52 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

The entire movie+ crew motivations:

There are alien worms in my eye and I just had unprotected sex with my wife, no need to mention it to anyone though.

I just self-aborted a bloody squid fetus and have a stapled together stomach wound. Won't tell anyone though (nor does anyone comment on me staggering round smeared in blood and amniotic fluid).

I'm 99 fucking years old and want to ask the aliens for the secret of immortality. THE BEST WAY TO OBVIOUSLY DO THAT is to assemble a crew of mentally slow adults and put them into hypersleep without them meeting one another let alone training together for this crucial mission.

What's this? A two thousand year old volatile fluid in a bomb shaped canister? Better take my mask off and have a big ole sniff, mmm-mmm!

Hey! How about we risk everyone's lives to get some alien head (teehee) despite there being dozens of identical corpses scattered through base?

Let's shout quarantine AFTER we've all dissected alien head on kitchen table with no masks.

I AM ENGINEER AND WANT TO CREATE BIOLOGICAL WEAPON, HOW ABOUT AN INVISIBLE SUB-CELLULAR VIRUS THAT CALMLY EXTERMINATES ALL LIFE, NOPE THAT'S BORING, GIANT EASILY SEEN AND SHOT RAPE SQUID MUCH MORE EFFICIENT

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

General opinion I have heard on this film is that it looks pretty cool for people who like to look at things but the script is broken, which you seem to be confirming!
USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Yes! Yes, it very much is! Check it out then return, for this is going to be one of the pitiful few actual responses I'll ever submit to this website:

Characters in fiction, as I'm sure you know, should function at a level that the viewer can sympathize with. If you get a bunch of characters who are exposed to foreboding warnings, are well aware of these warnings, say to themselves, "man, these warnings are foreboding", and then go ahead and ignore it, you feel strange. Why? because they just did something you can't for the life of you understand. That isn't all bad. But what happens when that doesnt go further than that? You know, like the character doesnt realize what they did was wrong and only continue to make stupid, uninformed mistakes whilst never reacting to the situation at hand, never making a revelation, and just dying? You dont appreciate the character then. You hate them. It was also stupid that those deaths were completely irrelevant to the plot.

Weyland (prerequisite rich old coot who practically owns the color blue in this movieverse) paid a fuckton of money to go on an expedition that would be the first contact for the human race, and would be his final days alive, as a egotistical, self-important businessman with a god complex.

Why the hell would he hire a bunch of people who at first glance don't seem to be the top of their field, have never met, were gifted with handful of weapons they might not understand how to use, and on top of that, comma, it turns out these people dont have a sense of rank and order and outright loathe one another.

Its like a company education video about how to not fuck up.

- Biologist tries to pet an alien species
- Geologist gets lost in a cave
- Captain leaves post to have sex
- Archaeologist gets pissed off and drunk after not finding exactly what he is looking for.
- Not using a containment unit on an alien body until seconds before it blows up.
- Not recording video feed from the two lost scientists who obviously don't get along, then wondering wth happened to them.
- Infection of a crewmate with a biological weapon with unknown qualities and not isolating him.

It just goes on and on!

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:11 pm  Reply with quote

Sounds a shit indeed!

Have you noticed we are the only ones who post here now? Seems very sad.

Oh Phenom sometimes comes back I guess and he is a ray of sunshine.
USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:23 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I would slice dozen anuses just to hear Phenom urinate on the other side of the room. He adds some spice to topics. Even the ones he makes I never bother reading. We have a strange love affair, Joseph. I like to imagine you as an more volatile Abed. Prone to flying off the handle and cursing more than being thin and a savant.

But to reiterate? When you are a multimillionaire spending billions in a mission that will ptobably be the most important scientific step in the history of humankind, you don't just choose untrained 'professionals' who will not respect chain of command, endanger the mission because of their feelings, and generally act stupid. When you need to have characters making incredibly stupids mistakes just so the plot can keep on moving forward, then you have a plot hole.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 am  Reply with quote

I find being compared to Abed umbrageous and you are definitely banned as soon as I find the button for it. He's one of my least favorite characters a lot of the time. I guess I have an encyclopedic knowledge of certain aspects of pop culture, but what geek doesn't, really? I don't have problems processing emotions though. If anything I overanalyze people's social reactions.

I IMAGINE YOU AS THE BLACK ONE. ER...BOTH OF 'EM. HAHAHA. Pretty good huh.

And, yes, that is a terrible bad writing sin when characters have to go against their own characterization or even just common sense in order to move the plot to where the writer wanted it to go. When characters are acting so irrationally the viewer stops seeing them as people so much as meat sacks full up on bad metaphors and empty on motivations, you've got a problem.

BONUS: SPOT THE BAD METAPHOR IN MY POST!!!
USAgent
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:31 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I mostly taking a shot at how brown and thin in the body you appear to be.

And to nip this topic in the bud: The acting was good, the production values were great, but the writing was inconsistent and the entire feature was thematically schizophrenic. That is the general consensus of the film. And this concludes my review. I am now leagues ahead of Dan the angry conservative.

Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:30 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Oh yeah, sorry for my absence. Too busy discussing on exactly who and what is a racist with Asian women and shit.

So, Prometheus. Oh, how I do recall how I literally ran through the shopping mall looking like a crazy in my haste to fetch the magical 3D glasses I had forgot in my car and hurried to make it on time lest I even had to miss one precious second of this masterpiece! Oh, how I did enjoy an ever magical 3D Charlize Theron in banana 3D!

I very much especially enjoyed the landscape of the planet and how the plot actually made complete sense! Sure, I've seen all the hating on the World Wide Webs about how it did not but I respectfully disagree. Perhaps Internet people are so overloaded with interaction they are simply are unable to concentrate on something so simple as a movie for a mere two hours!

You see, if you can examine the motivation of the 99 year old guy and the deep unknowing philosophy on exactly why an alien race would create ours and then seek to destroy us is something too mysterious for the average youtube viewer to even attempt to grasp. One does need to study various Greek myths to even begin to contemplate the significance of deadly worm-like creatures attacking space explorers in their space suits.

And then, whoo-whee, a woman is impregnated by an alien and has to give birth to it? Why could no one even understand the allegory between this and how a woman is also impregnated in the SEQUEL Alien establishing a definitive link between a seemingly bestial alien race, an advanced alien race and our own human race? This alone ingeniously does away with all the unfortunate controversy surrounding "200 years of Darwinism" in one fell swoop.

I believe many would describe the writing of this MASTERPIECE as "schizophrenic" as they have no concept whatsoever of what Mr. Scott would label, "inter-leading universal corridor vista-windowed plot devices". To dispute his use of them would be like trying to raise a million-dollar bounty poker champion on a two-pair with two nine's on the table before the river and he raises you all-in. Take THAT bet, girlfriend!

And did I mention Charlize Theron is hot? Hometown gal yo! Excellent movie, best ever prequel to Alien and well worth looking like a crazy running through a shopping mall. Cool