ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  For the two people who will appreciate it.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:03 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

omg conspiracyy

http://www.worldofmi.com/comments.php?type=news&id=1259&action=read

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/2007/06/26/pirates-of-the-caribbean-monkey-island-ripoff/

And then there's uhhh this:

http://www.worldofmi.com/features/miplay/#

It's actually not totally atrocious in my opinion. Those games were almost all dialogue anyway so it's possibly the ONLY PRACTICAL USE OF THE THEATRE FORMAT EVER.

Last edited by FortheLoveofJoe on Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
dancedance
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:30 am  Reply with quote
A girl.

I would steal jokes too. A bazillion dollar movie based on your writing? Throw anything in that might make it not flop. Pre-made pirate jokes? Check!
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:14 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, I actually hadn't even read all of that when I posted it and the conclusion the writer comes to seems to be that they probably didn't even rip off Monkey Island all that much. Although the bad guy's transformation from a ghost pirate to a zombie (er squid?) pirate in the second one does seem fairly similar.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:01 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

But Ron Gilbert just ripped off a book and the PotC ride anyway so I guess it makes sense. Just imagine life without Jerry Bruckheimer and we could have had good pirate movies.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:59 am  Reply with quote

Yeah and I am sort of amazed at what a whinypuss he is. Did you see where he said this:

"Yeah, they kind of screwed up his beard, but that's LeChuck, and let's be honest, if I'd thought of the squid tentacles for a beard, I would have done that." - Ron Gilbert

What!? If I'd thought of that?! One is tentacles and the other is a zombie! He's sort of saying if he'd actually thought of something they would've ripped it off? Uh, but you didn't. Whiner!!! HE WHINES!!!
sorryboss
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:50 pm  Reply with quote
Totem Pole Jeff
Totem Pole Jeff

FortheLoveofJoe wrote:
Yeah and I am sort of amazed at what a whinypuss he is. Did you see where he said this:

"Yeah, they kind of screwed up his beard, but that's LeChuck, and let's be honest, if I'd thought of the squid tentacles for a beard, I would have done that." - Ron Gilbert

What!? If I'd thought of that?! One is tentacles and the other is a zombie! He's sort of saying if he'd actually thought of something they would've ripped it off? Uh, but you didn't. Whiner!!! HE WHINES!!!

What else is new?

I am interested in what you have to say, and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter. In a related side note, i would also like to see you seriously injured in a hang-gliding accident later this week.