ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  what are you doing with your life?
Magdalene
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:42 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I'm out of the loop because I stopped talking to you guys so much after drunkenly begging joe to be my boyfriend a few years back. I was wondering: What are you doing now?

I've been married for almost 4 years and things are going super with that. I live in Salt lake city, Utah and work at a boring job from home. I'm going back to school in January and have that all taken care of. We live in a tri-plex with all of our friends and its a really special experience. On Tuesday nights michael and I watch Glee and Raising hope while folding laundry. We also order "Tuscany tuesday" which is a buy one get one free deal at pizza hut.
Since you guys love my family so muccccccccccchhhh here goes.
Daniel is srtill married to Hiromi and they have three babies. They live in Indiana and just bought a sweet house!
Jason just had a baby with his baby momma and they are doing really well!
My parents lost their house and are driving a semi truck which fits them perfectly.
Honey the dog is still alive and kicking!

Okay you adventurers! What's going on with you? Most importantly, have you had sex with a woman yet joe? I've seriously been wondering.
OKay go!
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:35 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I don't remember the drunken begging.

I lived in China for a year teaching which was ridiculous. Now I'm back in England temporarily doing work for a video game company writing bits of filler dialogue and such.

I had sex with a woman last year. Numerous times in a shitty relationship. It would be nice to do it again in the future!

I'm glad to hear your marriage is working out. Your parents seem to be living the life I would hope from them.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Well after I drunkenly tried to get Joe to be my boy friend, I went to University in Japan, then lived in Korea for a little. When I got back I was done with dat shit, I moved to Boulder, CO (where it rains weed) and am trying to get a PhD in Chinese Medicine. I actually plan on starting my clinic in Salt Lake. Remember when I invited you to a break dance battle in SLC and you didn't come? Cause I REMEMBER. I lost the battle because I slipped on a puddle of my own tears mid set.
Magdalene
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Lauren I am so sorry. I would totally come to a break dance in SLC now! I swear. I'm sorry your plans to woo Joe's heart didn't turn out so good.
Wow. What's wrong with you guys and your graduate degrees? I was facebook stalking joe just now and saw you/ he has a masters degree wtf? And you want a Ph D?! I am very proud of you both!! Also it's my understanding that Caitie is going to grad school too! That's so awesome!!! I'm so proud of all of you for going on such neat adventures, pursuing education and having adorable children!
Joe, I think the situation with my parents proves karma is a very real thing. Let's all try to behave a little better from now on. Also good work with the sexing!!!!
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 am  Reply with quote

Seriously, Chinese Medicine? You might as well as well get a PhD in voodoo or Christianity.
Magdalene
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

dude I totally disagree! People are really in to alternative medicine now.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:35 am  Reply with quote

I'm sure they are. But I was more trying to point out the ridiculousness of Chinese medicine and how its an antiquated thing based on eating random shit in nature. It's the sort of thing we moved past when we figured out SCIENCE and people are only into it again because Westerners (Americans specifically) are superstitious jackanapes.

I'm not dismissing ALL Chinese Medicine because I've heard they do some stuff right, but I'm fairly confident in dismissing the vast majority of it...like when they claim eating birds' nests helps with women's pregnancy or that eating a bunch of sparrows will cure your asthma. Right.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Joe, I have never heard of or studied those things. Around 85% of modern medicine is based off of alkaloids found in plants. But you can't patent a plant, so you can't make money and put awesome commercials about diabeetus or boner pills. So the herbs that are given aren't random. Oh and I have to study and know everything ever about the human body. I'm glad my voodoo helps and cures people though.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Wow, that's awesome Lauren! I think the Chinese medicine thing is very pertinent to today's society...people are in general sick of pumping their bodies full of much of the products that scientists tell us are good for us. I'm a bit of a medicine-phobe though.

Yeah, I'm in my final year in my undergrad right now and I'm hoping to spend this weekend doing grad school researching/application finding and such. I've applied to one extremely competitive scholarship but I'm certainly not putting all of my eggs in that basket. But yeah, I'm finishing up a Music History degree and then hopefully by this time next year I will be somewhere else starting a Musicology degree! That somewhere else being UK or something...possibly a couple of places in Canada, all depending on how much money I can get and how good the school is...and where I get accepted! But yes, otherwise I'm very busy with school and Kaspar and the like...he turned three not too long ago, and he's quite a funny little kid; and very laid back.

That's pretty cool about your parents, Magdalene...my parents have always talked about how when they retire they want to own a campground or something hokey like that...'twould be very laid back and such.

Is anyone else having adorable children that I missed the memo on?
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:46 am  Reply with quote

WELL. I do have to wonder what sort of useful stuff is getting taught to people studying Chinese Medicine in the US, because all I know is that in China where I assume they make Chinese Medicine, they have really, REALLY retarded views and stuff happens like my friend going to the doctor with stomach discomfort only to be told:

"Your insides are tired."

USEFUL!!!!

And, believe me, I think the US is too drug dependent for sure. But my only experience with what passes for Chinese Medicine at this point is that, like most everything else in China, it's fueled largely by ignorance.

Also, I have no adorable children and the chances of me having adorable children within the next 15 years are slim to suicide.
Magdalene
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I am always feeling tired and antsy and depressed because I try to get stoned on my cat's valium. I wouldn't need to take so many chemicals if they would just give me straight up narcotics. (this is related to the chinese medicine topic)
all my potentially adorable children keep dying. It's like they get into my uterus then hear about all the stupid things I want to name them and take their life into their own hands. The most recent pregnancy was very uncool because I was showing, and we were so excited. Honey is still alive!!
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Ahhh I'm very sorry to hear that Sad I can't imagine how difficult that must be

Slim to suicide, Joe? Nahh...15 years is quite a long time really...there's plenty of time for procreation should you want it and it works that way...I think your kids would be quite adorable too

I started reading a book on the sexual healing powers of Taoist practices, and it's pretty interesting. It talks a lot about how orgasms can be harnessed and their energy will be transformed into all of the different kinds of energy that keep us healthy and sane and such...I thought it was pretty neat but I only got about 4 chapters in before getting slaughtered by all of the other readings I have going on
Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I've been dong what I always do and...that's about it.

Other than that, I got shocked by a PC's power supply a few years ago after I stupidly placed my head on it while trying to find the source of a clicking sound. All I could see was the color blue (almost a powder blue) for a few seconds so I didn't have time to panic about going blind. The person in the room with me acted accordingly, by which I mean sarcastically clapping and calling me a dumbass. The good part is my migraines, that I'd get from time to time, have gone away since then.

Someday I'd like to write a book but that damn first sentence keeps holding me back.
Magdalene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Jeff, what exactly do you always do? You and I have never conversed. I always assumed you were some johnny come lately, some new kid in town who everyone loves and you never let us down. I guess I kind of didn't spend a lot of time getting to know you.
Ross in in thailand being a gay prostitute. He makes good money because he is American and will do things most prostitutes wouldn't dream of. If I'm wrong, surely he will refute this.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Jeff is a total dream boat. A sort of Marty McFly in the 1950's... only in 2010.