ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Bollywood THEATRE
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:07 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

So peradventure upon a happening, I was treated to quite a rare performance. Some eager promoter naturally decided that the great talents of Bollywood were not only fit for the silver screen but indeed live-action theatre before my very eyes! I suppose you could consider it a kind of cheap Broadway but HINDI STYLIN'.

It was a naturally modern Indian take on the classic fairy tale Sleeping Beauty but bettered. Oh, indeed was it bettered! There were dancers burning up that stage like firewalkers without the necessary ritualistic invocations. And one could hardly complain on the acting. I reckon that was some Broadway equivalent right there. And best indeed they basically pissed over that boring old fairy tale and pretty much came up with an entirely new story complete with African witchcraft.

I would write a complete review of this but it seems Joe is under the unfortunate delusion that something matters in his life besides this site. Anyway, you don't just write off Bollywood theater, at least not in South Africa. We got us some talent right here.

I don't think my obsession with India will ever abate.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:04 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Feel free to write this thing, but know that, due to my own obsession with hating India, I reserve the right to insert racist comments throughout.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:44 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

How can anyone hate India!~? It's the land of... of cows, elephants, and err... cow and elephant dung? You will explain yourself!

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:13 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Because it's dirty and poor and toilet paper availability is not guaranteed and they have antiquated ideals and a horrifyingly unbalanced class system and often (stereotyping, but as of yet stereotyping I've often found proven to be true) I find the people from there rude and smelly.