ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Joe In Jay Pan
Lauren2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:51 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Joe, I read that you were going around Japan in a few days. As you know, I have lived there twice in different areas. If you would like I can tell you a few places you would love to see and some shit to avoid. Some great stuff to eat. Some food to REALLY avoid. Let me know mang, and I hope you have a great time. It really is a mysterious place.

がんばって
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:12 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Okay, thanks, pally. I'm only gonna be there for about 10 days and I believe I'm going to Tokyo and Koyoto because we decided to only go to places with the same letters in the name.

If there's anything keen you can tell me, that'd be super. I am always curious about food eating! Especially goodly and cheaply.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I will do a bit of digging. I actually wrote an article about the top five Japanese experiences. I will see if I can find it. I will also try to remember the names of my favorite places. Tokyo means eastern capital and (cleverly) Kyoto means capital of the east. They were both capitals at one point. Its it sure that you can not veer from your path? Japan is not that big and the bullet trains are super fast. I say this because I am an expert in the island of Kyushu where I lived. And I think you should go there. In the next couple of days I will make you a couple of lists and such. Im glad you are going.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:50 am  Reply with quote

No, we are not alll that set in our path. We've got places bookd but apparently we've got things open-ended enough to be flexible and do OTHER JUNK if we so desire.

THANKS FOR ALL THE THINNNGSS!!!
Lauren2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:54 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

When will you be arriving?
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:30 pm  Reply with quote

I fly there the 17th and I believe I fly back the 28th.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Sanjusangendo Temple, Kyoto. This place is amazing! There are thousands of hand craved Kannon Statues and Demon Statues. In the middle there is a giant thousand armed Kannon. http://sanjusangendo.jp/

The Koka Ninja House in the Koka area of Shiga Prefecture Very cool place with tons of hidden rooms and secret traps. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/784134/amazing_ninja_house_in_japan/

Eat tako yaki in Osaka, eat a steak in Kobe, Eat Tsukenu (fried shredded chicken shapped into balls on a stick). Eat at a yaki niku 焼肉. If you go to the yaki niku "viking" it just means buffet.

I know you planning on going to places like the Golden castle and Shibuya
But if you are in Tokyo just avoid Roppongi. The place is full of gangsters (not just kakuza, but also crypts and bloods) and catch bars. If you go there you WILL pay 40$ for a drink or something WILL happen to you. Just avoid it.

Go to Beppu. Thats where I used to live and it has the highest number of hotsprings in the world. Some are really old school, some are like the movie Spirited Away. Way favorite was one that came out of the sand on a beach and and hot spring made of mud. You can just hike around in the forest and find your own private ones too.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

THANK YOU I WILL LOOK INTO ALL THIS I'M IN TOKYO BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET Professorman Johnson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!