ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Haiti
Lauren2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:36 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Everyone should go here and donate any amount: www.joeneedsweed.org . I think us LTMers need to help out. Thanks

Last edited by Lauren2 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I also think that it's important to donate what you can to this....I donated a little bit, what I can afford. Not much, but I also need to be concerned about paying my bills and eating, unfortunately.

Apparently, as of last night, Canada had raised $54M which seems quite outstanding to me! It's pretty amazing that the world is banding together to help. The shots on the news networks give me a huge bite of reality and are absolutely mind blowing. It really just all leaves me completely speechless. Sad

Thanks for starting this thread, Lauren!
Lauren2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Yea, no prob. Like you said, the point is not how much you give, just as long as you give. Peace
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:40 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I?ve never been one to give money when these things happen but, this time, I?think I?m still not going to. Not because I?m a dick, I?ve been suckered into my fair share of charity over the years, it?s because the money you give is more often than not, just banked for something else or pocketed with a small amount actually being used properly. So, I?ve made the decision to always turn a blind eye and deaf ear to those asking for donations of $$$, especially when numerous relief funds pop up seemingly minutes after the event varying in credibility.

Now buying food, water and medical supplies to be sent over there for the relief effort is a much more productive thing to do. I?d say that?s way more helpful than just dropping some money in a bucket so one can feel better about themselves and say ?Well, I donated? in the smuggest tone they could muster. In the time it takes for your money to go through all the channels and filters within an organization, any donated food/water could already be in the hands of those who need it.

Honestly, if I see the Red Cross outside a store collecting donated goods for Haiti, then I?ll head inside and buy something to send but I?m not going to go out of my way.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Well, I'm sure there will come a time when they need goods to be sent over there. But I think for now, money is the best thing. That way, the charities like Red Cross or Doctors Without Borders can just get their supplies with the money, so they have exactly what they need. Obviously though, the money will stop flowing in by the millions and the people will be left to struggle along on whatever is still around. That's when the goods will be of use.

I think it's just about doing your research on which charities to donate to. I saw on one newscast that Doctors Without Borders closes down their monetary donations after they have received as much as they can use for one cause. So, once they have reached their maximum amount for the Haiti situation, they won't take any more money for it. I think that's a much more honest way of going about things...because they won't use any surplus for other things that one may not have donated to.

*shrug*
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:15 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

NO LTM SHOULD DONATE NOTHING!

This is why we are BETTER than all the other corporate entities and their "charity work" and we all know they don't really care. By donating NOTHING, we will prove that we DO care. It's perfectly logical. So donate nothing but be sure to tell the Haitian people that you care about their plight. Really, we do.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

As LTM's largely silent figurehead, I would like to say that I will not be donating any money. My reasoning is that I like food so I use my money to buy that and then I eat it.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:45 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I thought you just smoked so much weed that your body has learned to turn the THC into a usable energy source.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:14 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Read the first p.ost. I am tempted to make a website called that.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:39 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

That would be really great. Every little bit helps. Thanks, guys.