ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Let's talk about movies we've seen lately.
Jeff
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:01 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

A few days ago, I watched The Final Destination but more on that later. The disc for it was all gray and had ?Rental? written on it. ?So, they?re differentiating them now? I said to myself, thinking nothing of it until I starting watching it. I couldn?t skip any of the previews or that damn ?Blu-ray makes everything better? ad using the Menu or chapter skip buttons. After fast-forwarding through all of it, I get to the menu and my whopping 2 options of Play Movie and Set Language, what the hell?

I just shrugged and hit Play Movie, hoping the film itself will give me something else to get angry at but the stupid thing froze up on me about 4 times. That?s an odd one too since I was the first person the rent that copy as I got it when the clerk was just setting them out. So are these new ?Rental? versions just cheaply made to get people to upgrade or is there something else cause I know my player is fine, watched several DVDs after that and not a single problem.

As for the movie itself, it was terrible, although it did make good use of the song ?Why can?t we be friends? but that?s about it. It was one of those 3-D movies in theaters but the only 3-D type things in it were bad CG and ?people are made of Jell-O? kills. I did like the opening credit sequence even though it was just recreating the death scenes from the previous films use CG X-Ray style skeletons?and what do you know, it?s on Youtube.

So what's everyone else been watching?
Lauren2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:07 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

One of the best movies I have ever watched was The Road. It came out last month, and was ridiculously intense. It was more like an experience than a movie. If you get the chance to see this, DO IT OR I WILL HATE U 4 EVAAH!
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I hate it when movies don't work properly when they are fresh out of a new package. I also dislike the fact that I have one movie that I desperately want to watch but it is in European format and neither my computer nor my DVD player will play it. I also have an incredibly useless Blu-ray disc.

I just watched "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" the other day. I had wanted to see it when it came out in theatres but I never got the chance. I bought it last weekend and it's actually fairly amusing. Another movie that I got, which I have yet to watch, is Wall-E. I keep hearing good things but still haven't seen it. Maybe Saturday morning I'll stick it in to watch.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

In order to watch the movie on your DVD player, go to google, type in Change Region on (your DVD model here). I did it because I had a bunch of region 2 movies from japan, and it worked perfectly.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:48 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Just watched Avatar 3D IMAX. FTW.... Movies are getting crazy. Its hard to imagine what the next 10 years will bring.
ookook
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:03 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Yum, Avatar.
I would totally see that in theatres again.

Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:21 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Avatar SUCKED BLUE ALIEN JAMES CAMERON ding-a-dongs. I was so thrilled that even the POPE hated it. Stupid Wiccan nature religion and the HUMANS are the bad guys? WTF?
ookook
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:45 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

The humans are always the bad guys.

Except in silly movies like War of the Worlds.

Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I watched Saw 6 the other night, I don't know if I'm still watching these cause I want to see how it ends are if there's some need I have to see people get wrecked horribly.

It kind of left a bad taste in my mind though so I watched Cabin Boy after that cause it's hard to be in a bad mood after hearing "Stop him, before he gets his grubby mitts on the Filthy Whore!" and it's like a 90 minute episode of Get A Life. Really, when i die, if God doesn't sound like Brian Doyle-Murray then I'm jumping ship to limbo.
Magdalene
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:33 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I saw Day breakers last night. I definitely recommend it for EVERYONE. It feels like a high budget action/horror movie. There are well known actors, Ethan hawke, sam neil, and willem Dafoe. The scenery is very good and its kind of in the style of the Matrix. Anyway, so its got all his stuff going for it then BAM bodies explode. A railing goes through the front and back window of a hummer and bodies EXPLODE then the car EXPLODES! There are so many exploding bodies you will think "I have never seen so many exploding bodies, and I did not expect this." It's a gory bloody mess, and its so cool because the gore is so old school over the top and unrealistic. The only thing that could have made it better was a random sex scene by the male and female protagonists.
USAgent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Oh my gosh everyone is still alive I am relatively thrilled so much that I will finish this thought and