ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Quoting Scripture in your Facebook status
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:56 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Hey, I may love our Lord as much as the next guy but it does get a little tedious when some guy keeps quoting scripture after scripture in his status, most quotes being quite irrelevant to one's everyday life. I suppose he thinks he is being a great "witness to the nations" by doing this and he may win some teenage drug addict to Christ or whatever it is Evangelicals love to do. Rolling Eyes I think will pray the Rosary in my status just to show how annoying it is.

Evangelicals can all burn, don't you think? Twisted Evil
Lauren2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:16 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

one of my friends/roommates turned born again, and he became a piece of shit and we had to kick his ass out. You should just start making fucked up comments everytime he changes his fbook status.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I am in CHINA now working at a college and turns out a shitload of less-qualified people (shockingly, there are people who are less qualified than me now) here come here and work for shit pay just because they want to spend their free time preaching Jebus' word.

There's really quite a lot of them. They're essentially nice, but my prejudices make me a bit wary of them on the whole. It's a bit strange.
ookook
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:44 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I just ignore religion entirely.
It's a pain in the ass (for me, at least) both to deal with and to hear people dealing with it. >_>;

BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:21 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I *thankfully* don't have any friends who fill up my News Feed with that kind of stuff. It would get old quick. There are some people though who constantly annoy me with their posts and I just hide them.

One of my most hated Facebook statuses (stati?) though, is where they just write "is." Like...."John Doe is." Is.......what? Alive? Thank you for the update.

Oh, and the fishing for compliments or sympathy ones are also irritating. Or the ones where people give just a tiny little hint at some interesting information, but make people actually ask what happened...annoying.

Fuckbook.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:28 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Joe, you are in China? That is Awesome! I learned Japanese and Korean, but not Chinese. Although I am taking a class now. What city are you in?
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:46 am  Reply with quote

Wow, you sure know a lot of AZN languages. I don't know any, which is working out great for me! Woop!

I am in a town called Xinzheng. It is sort of ghetto but it has a big city center and the university I teach at is a bit like a Chinese Disneyland. The closest big city to me is Zhengzhou.

I just got back from Xi'An, which was fun. I saw those Terracotta suckers, but, man, you seen one you seen 'em all, eh? There's like a jillion of those things.

This is, incidentally, part of the reason LTM hasn't been updated in so long, aside from my just being lazy in general.
Magdalene
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:39 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

thats so cool, you're a world traveler Joe!
Catie, I haven't gotten an update in a while and was thinking about you the other day.
I think Christianity is kind of a big fad right now, like america was in 2001, and like breast cancer still is. I suppose things that unite people are nice, except somehow there's always that huge group of people you hate as a result. Like people who aren't white, or non christians... or people without breast cancer.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:32 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Come to think of it, Joe is non christian, non breast cancer having, white man. Joe, you are BANNED from this forum.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:37 am  Reply with quote

Funny you should mention that as it seemed to be broken this morning...at least it was for me.
ookook
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Broken for me, too.
Which is also funny because I am also a non-Christian, non-breast-cancer-having white man.

Lauren2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:44 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I meant NON white man.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:07 pm  Reply with quote

I still consider myself basically white, but whatevs.
Lauren2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 am  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Your black as hell, son.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:07 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

NEVER DATE FUCKING PROTESTANT BITCHES!

That is the best advice I can give you gentlemen at this time. I've been screwed (in the bad way) one time too often. Sure, those small-titted little wenches may be all sweet, friendly and charming at first just like the Satanic pits they inhabit but wait until you get to know them well and you quickly discover they only want your money and you don't even get a Jesus Camp "TRULY SAVED HOLIER THAN THOU" blowjob in return. Oh, of course they'll be out screwing drug addicts, alcoholics, criminals, random Muslims and common losers in the hope of "just bringing them to Christ" but certainly never YOU. Stupid fucking whores, the lot of them.

Upon this day as God and the multitudes of forum members as my witness, I will never bother with a small-breasted bitch ever again! Well, unless she's Asian. Or not Protestant.