ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Another Classic LTM Christmas
Gringo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:36 am  Reply with quote
Sheriff de El Town

Seeing as how I saw Christmas cards for sale last week -- seriously, it's tired criticism to complain about how early shops put festive stuff out, but all the same...September??? -- I thought I'd get the premature ball rolling on organizing a week of reviews for Christmas.

Any ideas? We've covered a bunch of obvious shit, ranging from Jingle All The Way to probably every Christmas-themed computer game ever, and from the worst Christmas songs of all time to Joe's annual tirade against the year. Thoughts for articles that you could do, or that you would want to see someone do? Updating often over Christmas is one of the last things LTM is actually able to do consistently year after year, so let's keep that tradition. Otherwise, we may become another Whatever-Dude.com. Snicker.
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:55 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I?m up for suggestions as well; otherwise I?ll just talk about Die Hard 1 & 2 because they take place around Christmas time.

?Now I?ve got a machine gun. Ho, ho, ho? = Christmas

Or I could make something up, I don?t know, still coming off that Patriot Day high and I haven't yet taken down my crying eagle and flag decorations.

Anything planned for Halloween?
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:57 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Yeah, I was just about to say, what about Halloween first? Huh? Eh??? What about it?
Gringo
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm  Reply with quote
Sheriff de El Town

OMG YOU GUYZ Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Well, the only real Halloween review I ever wrote was for The Flintstones Meet Rockula & Frankenstone -- open to any articles! And I believe somewhere we have Halloween buttons. Joseph?

Garfield's Halloween Special is an option.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, we have buttonz. I can write a review of Freaky Farley, the movie a guy actually sent me a DVD copy of to review for him and I put off forever like an asshole. I just rewatched it and it's B-movie style junk so I guess that can go up for Halloween.
Gringo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:20 pm  Reply with quote
Sheriff de El Town

Yay! Can you also take care of switching out the buttons for that week? Mad
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:19 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, I can do that, that doesn't take long. Although do understand that, once again, my writing will be on hold until around October 18th due to my FAILING MY DISSERTATION AND HAVING TO WRITE A WHOLE NEW ONE SHIT ASS FART.

Fat Minister

I also just saw Teeth, which is technically supposed to be a horror movie, but is more just a bunch of silly nonsense, so I could potentially review that as well.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:18 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

That's awful about your dissertation, Joe. And it really sucks you have to write a whole new one instead of just fixing the other one. What are you writing it on?

Has anyone ever seen the movie Saturday the 14th? It's a really stupid horror spoof that came out probably late 80s. I could possibly review that if I felt inclined.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 pm  Reply with quote

I am writing about the cult novel phenomenon (it's a phenomenon apparently) in terms of The Catcher in the Rye and A Confederacy of Dunces. Before this I was writing on anti-enlightenment (which is some fucking bullshit I pulled out of my ass) and the same novels. This new topic is a lot easier and makes a lot more sense and is the one my supervisor had suggested a long while ago so I'm doing it so she won't fail me. The only reason I stuck to the other one so stringently was that I didn't feel like doing any new research. Plarg.

I have not seen that movie. It looks terrible.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU RECORDED THAT THING FOR ME?! SLACKER!!!
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:08 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

That movie is terrible, I assure you. If I have time, I'll write something up about it for ya.

I am aware that I haven't recorded that thing for you...I no longer have the program to do it. Sometimes I think about it, and the track that you recorded replays in my head over and over again. But I have yet to do something about it. I'm sorry.

It's Kaspar's first birthday today!!! Seems like yesterday that you guys were speculating about me dying at birth or something since you hadn't heard from me for a few days. Baha.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:26 pm  Reply with quote

What you mean you ain't got the program! I don't need nothin' fancy! Can't you record it in some standard recording program? Like the one that comes with Windows called Sound Recorder?!? Or if you have a Mac, uh, Sound Recorder for the Mac??

I mean, it would've been cool if you coulda done the mixing thingy you were talking about but if you just record a few different versions on some normal recordamajig, that's better than nothing.

Ohhh the days of making light of the possibility of you dying during childbirth! Good times, good times.