ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  HEY LADIIEEEEEEZZZZZ!!!
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:50 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Hey there! I have a favor to axe, specifically from our feminine demographic, all two of you, but you gents can join in as well if you like. No, it's not an orgy, but you keep reachin' fo dat star!!!

(THIS POST IS INSANE LONG BUT MOSTLY IMPORTANT?!?)

So, a forthcoming thing I'll be putting up on LTM is a lo-fi, ridiculous song and video I am making based on a ridiculous dream I had. SO! Where you come in is that in one bit of the song I want it to sound like a lot of people shouting at the same time. The goal is to make it sound like a crowd, or a bunch of cheerleaders, like in a Go! Team song. So not screaming, just a lot of people saying it together, which I'm going to try to accomplish by getting a lot of people to say this and then layer them over one other (kind of like in an orgy). Obviously you need a microphone. Hopefully, you gots one.

What I want you to say is, "We did it, we did it! Yeah, yeah, we did it!" over and over.

So, specifically, what you need to do is CLICK ON HERE: http://www.listentome.net/wedidit.html and get these MP3s. The first file is the song's tempo, as exemplified by me clapping a bunch. The second file is a sample of me saying it the way I basically want you to say it.

What you should do is download (or just play it in your browser, if you must) the tempo and then put some headphones on to listen to it whilst recording yourself saying the line in time with the tempo. If you can avoid having the microphone pick up the sound of my clapping, it'd be preferred, but if it's in there a little, I can probably live with it.

There's really no limit to how much or how little you say it (you can obviously just start the file over and record more, genius), but more than once would be nice, but not a million times would be good too, because I don't want to spend my life downloading your crapola.

Now, although, I'd like to have you just doing it once using your basic voiceage, you might notice in my sample that I started saying it like a jackanape near the end, so you don't exactly have to stick to a straight-ahead format.

In fact, the reason I am specifically gearing this towards the wymynz is that I as of yet have no girls saying it. Yes, I know girls IRL, I know quite a lot of them even, but I'm still too embarassed to have any of them do this, largely because I'd then have to make them aware of LTM, which is a horribly dark part of my life...horribly dark. Distant

But, yes, that said, It'd be fine if you womenfolk sent me a few separate files of you trying out different voices/octaves/whathaveyou, basically if you're at all good at doing different sounding voices, please use that ability because the more female-sounding voices I have here the better. Just feel free to try lots of different things. (Technically speaking, you can even go off-tempo a bit, if you want, because that'll probably help add to the whole "crowd" feeling I'm trying to go for.)

Also, again, guys can feel free to get in on this action. I'll totally put it in unless you really fuck up somehow, the more the merrier and all. And, yeah, you can record more than one thing too, but don't go fuckin' crazy, huh? If you're good at sounding like a girl, that'd be just fancy.

LASTLY, I'd appreciate it the most if these were .WAV files, but I recognize that those are biggish and I can try to work with whatever you can muster. I don't mind if they're in zips because I, for some reason, trust you people enough not to virus me. This is why I'm not putting this request out on the site itself, as well as the fact that I doubt anybody'd get back to me, which would be very depressing.

ALSO, I'm not sure how you should get these to me yet. Either we can use one of those free uploading thingies (or if you have your own webspace, by any chance, that solves that) or we can work something out through AIM or I can give you vultures my GMail account, which I think can handle whatever shit you throw at me so long as your e-mail can.

At any rate, if you do it, and it is much appreciated if you do, just post here saying you did and we'll go from there.

LASTLY PT. II, I'm obviously planning to put this up on the internet (it's probably not going to be for another month or two), on YouTube no less, so if you're not comfortable with your voice being in a huge chorus of people saying the same silly thing on the internet in what I guarantee to be a phenomenally stupid song, don't fucking do it, OKAAAAY?!?

There is, of course, the chance that my attempts at mixing all of you will just fail miserably and I will abandon this bit of the song altogether. Let's hope that's not the case, though.

ROCK ONWARDLY!!!!! Charlie
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Okay I can do this silly thing for you. I actually downloaded a recording program a couple of days ago so I can do a .wav file AND I can mix a whole bunch of them together into one, I think. So long as I can figure out how to do it.

I'm not going to do it right now though...in a while maybe, or tomorrow or something.

OMGZ JOE iz gunna hav ma voyce on hiz comp!!!!
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:03 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

HAHAHA! I just listened to your clips. Awesome. I iz excited to do this shiz. Fo shiz.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:05 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Oh yeah and do we just say it once....or like chanty like your voice clip? Over and over? CON fuseeeeed
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry, for the explaining apparently I did not explain.

You say it a bunch of times, chant style. Just a bunch. No specific amount.

You can mix them altogether if you'd like because I'll potentially use that (and if I do it will make things easier), but I'd them separate as well then, since I may only want to use some of them at certain points in the song.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:11 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Okay, yeah they'll all be saved as separate files anyway. I'll just make one of all. And I'll have to email them to you because I don't have any other way of getting them to you. But yeah, don't feel like doing it today. Will soon though.

Oh, actually msn would be the easiest way to transfer to you...you have my email address...add me to msn if you have it. I don't have no AIM.
Baofu
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:18 pm  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

I have a microphone, but does anyone know a good (preferrably freeware) recording program to use?
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:20 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I just Googled "audio/voice recorder" and I got a list of free software to download. I think the one that I got is called RecordPad or something. Pretty sweet, works fairly well.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:08 am  Reply with quote

I shall add you to the MSN at some point.

Goldwave is a fine program. Mind you, if you don't register it, it eventually keeps popping a window up to annoy you and it doesn't go away until you close and reopen the program.

http://www.goldwave.com/
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

omfg you motherfuckaz ought get yo assez in gear on dis shit.

Not that I'm anywhere near finishing it, but don't make me worry. I'll WORRY!!!

Don't y'alls wanna be part of inTERnet hisTORy?! SHIT!!!

Thanks kindly.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:46 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Sorry, Joe.

I'm really lazy and I've been busy, trying to get ready to move and such.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:19 pm  Reply with quote

OMG! NO EXCUSES! HAVE IT ON MY DESK BY TOMORROW MORNING!!!

Actually, around August 20th would be really nice. I seriously am relying completely on you for any and all female voices at this point so it is like the fate of the world is in your hands basically. Thanks.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:44 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

WE DID IT WE DID IT YEAH YEAH WE DID IT.....

So I have six files for you...all somewhat different. They are WAVE files too so um...do you want me to email them to your LTM address or do you have another that you want me to send it to?
USAgent
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

fuck my--

Wait, what is this? I can't be assed to wall of text.

ookook
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:49 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Joe had a dream...
That a bunch of girls were like "Yeah, yeah, we did it!"
And he wants to make a movie out of it.
So he.
Wants people to record themselves.
Saying, "Yeah, yeah, we did it!"
And I can talk in complete.
Sentences.