ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  JOE-- READ THIS, OMFG FUCK READ THIS
Sortilegus
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:35 pm  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

Hey, Joe, now that I've got your attention, I'm going to use it to ramble a lot and then make a proposition for you. I was sitting quietly in my Philosophy of Something Pointless class today when something came over my arm, which held a pen, and doodles (not doodies) started to come out the other end. I said I was going to ramble, but that was about it. Basically my favorite thing from the website, when updates were like all day every day, was the comics, and I have a strip idea. (My artistry is about as fine as any MS Paint artistry can be for a shitty little comic.) So far I have a total of ZERO of these comic strips on the computer, just some doodles in my notebook, but if you are interested, I could like, totally, draw them up and send them to you and you could pretend to have quality updates more often! Let me know if you are interested.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:54 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I don't LIKE ANYTHING and there is a good chance I won't like your comic. When this was Gringo town, he'd let anybody who shat out anything go up on the website and it boiled my britches due to the aforementioned not liking of anything, which is why, UNDER MY HORRIBLE REGIME, I came up with that oh-so-attractive notion of fan-submitted stuff being heavily and humiliatingly critiqued by me, so that I could put up anything but still FORCE MY OPINIONS ON IT. We have a problem with your comic in that you'd probably not want me putting red arrows with smarmy comments all around each strip. Unless you do want that! Then I'm all for it!!!

I am not saying your style of humor is necessarily better or worse than mine; I'm just saying, since I'm the one who is more or less in charge of this site now, I want to put things up that I personally find funny or appreciate on some level because I am a prick and, frankly, I can do whatever I want with this largely neglected webspace.

That said, I would say if you feel like taking the time, do draw up a comic or two or three (however much you feel like, but just because I feel like only seeing one might not give a great impression of the whole thing) and if I am not horribly offended by it, I can put it up. Otherwise, there is plenty of other internet out there that I'm sure can house it.

I know I sound like a cock about all this, and, INDEED, I am, but, very simply, I don't like putting up things I'm not really into and it's easier for me to just say that rather than go "OH...UM...YEAH, DO THE COMIC...WE'LL WORK SOMETHING OUT..." and then have to pretend to be all nice about it when in reality I don't dig it.

And, yes, I prefer to allow the site to stagnate for weeks on end rather than update with something that I don't really care for.
Gringo
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:07 am  Reply with quote
Sheriff de El Town

GRINGO TOWN WAS THE BEST TOWN EVER Embarassed
Jeff
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:03 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Gringo Town was nice. Good people, clean air and reasonable prices on name brand goods. Since it?s been absorbed by Joeopolis, though, things seem to be a bit more laid back and?eh?I don?t feel like finishing this sentence. GO JEFFBURG!
Sortilegus
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 pm  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

Meh, that doesn't sound dickish, that's kind of what I expected. You can't just post any shit someone sends you. I've completed the first comic, but I'm a lazy asshole, and given your dickish post, I'm not in a rush to finish the second one. I don't want to send the first until there's a second, because the first is only an introduction that might not actually be that funny on its own. Anyway, I'll finish the second maybe this week and email you or something.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:59 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

DAT'S DA SPIRIT, U SEXY BEAST