ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Indiana Jones IV
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:26 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Sweet signature, eh? First time I've posted since setting that up...I forgot about it.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:11 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Yes except there are URL codes in it...

I think the views have to do with the fact that this is actually a rather old thread. Much like the HOOR-A 4 NOO 4UM thread which Gringo just managed to push over 10,000. Although the fact that it hit 10,0000 at all SEEMS a bit stunning.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:50 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Haha yeah I know the code is still there...it's not the full code so I have no idea. Oh well, it's still cool.
ookook
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:38 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Speaking for the H00R-A for etc. topic, how did two posts get 50 views?!

We don't have THAT many people logging in every day, o_o;;

Sortilegus
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:33 am  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

Oh my God, this movie blew my asshole. It was on the same level of the Star Wars Prequels, which, in my always correct opinion, sucked the big giant alien penis.

I don't want to rant too much, but I went to the theater and saw this by myself because I was bored and everyone had already left my college town. So, on a whim, I decided to go check out the new Indy movie, which I already had incredibly low expectations of. Well, my expectations weren't low enough, but I wasn't really surprised by the badness. It was kind of like watching a book-to-movie adaptation, because the characters somehow felt forced and all wrong, not to mention half the characters were only there for ridiculous cameos we could have done without. Rather than try treading on new ground, Indy 4 backsteps and seems to say to the audience, "Remember those movies that were entertaining?! Well, LOOK AT THIS CGI!" Anyway, I now like my book-to-movie adaptation analogy, because I think it's really fitting. The whole thing seems rather nostalgic, but completely misses the mark.

I think it's either hit or miss for most people, and some seem to be able to forgive the glaring flaws and weak writing for the sake of "it's-a-fun-movie-leave-it-alone" Spielberg defending, but honestly, I think it's a steaming pile. Mostly I blame the script, but Spielberg seems like he was way off on this one, and I just don't really understand how he can do such amazing movies, then vomit out this chewed up mess.

END
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:48 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I guess I'm the only one who liked it then but I wasn't really being serious about the pig or gay sex. Maybe I should write a review simply for the sake of CONTRAST of opinion since Mrsrs. Joe, Geoff and Gringo stated pretty much the same things. All right, the "knowledge was their treasure" thing was stupid and the waterfall scene was too predictable and Steven Spielburg is a dork but STILL! It was a great movie on the whole and where else in cinema can you see a real authentic INDIAN CHIEF!

I guess Internet people just don't like it because Indy kills commies and not Nazi's and how the United States of the 1950's was portrayed as having similarities to Nazi Germany. Er, I mean, ignore the second part. I just can't understand why people are generally so negative about the movie. If you go back and watch the '80's Indy movies, you will see it's still pretty much the same thing. There was nothing that incredibly brilliant about the original three, people just liked them. The same could be said about Star Wars.

Personally, I have a rather personal vendetta against Spielburg after he refused to do China's Olympic film. Now I have no problem with the ACT of his refusal, my problem lies in his REASON. But I was able to put my personal prejudice of him aside and simply enjoy the movie.

I LIKE IKE!
Gringo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:37 am  Reply with quote
Sheriff de El Town

Having recently seen Indiana Jones IV again on an airplane screen -- the tiny size does not reduce the suckiness -- I would now more than ever look forward to receiving your counter-review, Mr. Phen. Justify this turd!