ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  I done sawd Iron Man (a thread about No Country for Old Men)
Sortilegus
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:23 pm  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

I was surprised to find that it was really entertaining. I didn't know anything about the comics, and Iron Man is one of those superheroes that completely disinterested me, but the movie was funny, and Tony Stark is probably my favorite superhero persona (at least in movie form) so far. The suspense was done really well, and the special effects looked great, I just kinda wished there was more action.

ANYONE ELSE SEE IT? LET'S HAVE A FORUM DISCUSSION ABOUT IT.

Actually, let's not. Let's talk about No Country for Old Men instead. That movie was awesome, and I'm here to tell you why. It's one of those movies that's not at all like the typical movie out there, and if you're into "reading into" movies, this one is for you. However, if you like neat endings with a pretty pink bow and hate thinking beyond the surface level, you'll probably be bored with this. I highly doubt Joe will enjoy it, and he'll probably say it was a contrived piece of crap that was far too hyped up, but then again I don't know. The Coens are pretty awesome, and the stark images and score-lessness make this one unique if not REVOLUTIONARY. Okay, so maybe not revolutionary, but refreshing in the mountain of LOUD-SPLOSION movies out there that try to wow you with special effects and heavy metal (HEY-HO IT'S A TRANSFORMERS REFERENCE?!). Those movies can be good to see now and then (like Iron Man), but they get old quick and aren't really worth more than one viewing until your balls shrivel and you need to watch some more flashy special effects mixed in with a cheesy love story that doesn't quite work out in the end (OMG, did I just summarize every recent action flick? Yes. Yes I did.)

So this turned into more of a movie review than anything. But I was just wondering if anyone's seen these two movies and what they thought. If you haven't seen No Country, and like QUALITY, then see it. I saw it before it was hyped up, so my pants were filled with brown warmth by the end, but now that it's been ejaculated on by the oscars and everyone else, I could see why someone might get annoyed by all the hype. Also, the IMDB forum for that movie is a waste of time, so don't ever go there. It's all "UH, WHAT'S AN ENDING?" over and over and over and over and etc.
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:40 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I agree, Iron Man was an awesome 2 hours.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:44 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

No Country for Old Men is not bad. I am not a big Coen Brothers fan but I like the ones everybody likes: Fargo and The Big Lebowski. Some of their other stuff just annoys me, but, yeah, I liked No Country okay. I think There Will Be Blood is better though, although I recognize that a bunch of it is insane and fairly nonsensical. I still think it's very cool. I would've given that the oscar over No Country, but the Oscars are a bunch of hootenanny molasses anyway.

I will probably not go see this Iron Man. I am not a big fan of superheros in general and I got tired of superhero movies pretty quickly.

I gotsta go write a 4,000 word essay now. I only have a few hours. Lalalalalalalaalala!
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:39 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Iron Man sure rocked my socks! Even Kirsten Dunst was good in it which is saying quite something! But why, oh why, did he have to drive a crappy AUDI? I mean WTF. It was pretty cool to see his crusade against those Arab dudes.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

I actually did end up seeing Iron Man and it was not half bad.

...Kirsten Dunst???
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:49 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I haven't even seen it and I know that it's Gweneth Paltrow.....I think.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, there's her and some young filly who shows up at a few parts. It's not Kirsten though...
Sortilegus
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:25 pm  Reply with quote
Zemocles
Zemocles

Kirsten Dundst takes a dump on any movie she's in. She was only good in Eternal Sunshine because she played a stupid ho bag.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:52 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Oh yes, you are quite right. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Gwyneth Paltrow is a good actress but she just looked different in that movie. Like younger. Kirsten Dunst just sucks and not in the good way. I also did not imagine that Stein wad in fact Jeff Bridges. For some reason, I imagined he was played by some ex-pro wrestler.