ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Guilty Pleasure Songs and Shit
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:18 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

And shit!!!

Look I am acting like a real forum master guy and making topics for everyone to contribute to! I'm great!!!!

Obviously, I have something more pressing to do (4,000-word ESSAY DUE IN 12 HOURS THAT I HAVEN'T STARTED LOL) so I'm making a topic instead.

So, yeah, guilty pleasure songs. Like songs you know you should hate, but they so fun to hear!!! Maybe this'll be an article. Probably not, but we can pretend, huh?

Anyway, one I have is Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. Nobody likes that piece of shit. It's such a pain in the ass and it only has like three chords and they have a bridge but they couldn't even make the effort to add new notes into it, it's just a slightly different version of the rest of the song. It also has stupid, unecessary sound effects ("Her name is Noelle! She rings my bell! *DING!!!*) peppered throughout. AND it was heavily featured in that Jason Biggs movie, Loser (I think it was that one) and I rather hate him. AND!! The lead singer sounds like a girl.

But, yeah, I think it's catchy. And I learned to play it on my guitar. So fun!!!!

Also, there's Good by Better Than Ezra. I really like Good and actually don't see any HUGE reason to hate it. It's just some pop-rock shit. The only reason I'm ashamed of it is that I didn't hear it when it was BIG, so I ended up going around asking people if they remembered it, probably 5+ years after it had been a radio-played thing and everybody would be like "Ohhh yeah I remember that song..." and they wouldn't say anything more, but they wouldn't sound too amused. My one friend told me it was one of the songs that "killed rock 'n' roll." I mean jeez.

Also, probably the most embarassing thing about both of these songs is that I thought they were cool enough to buy the albums (yes, for BOTH), upon which I realized immediately how incredibly talentless both bands were/are.

OK THAT'S IT, WRITE AN ESSAY-LENGTH THING LIKE I JUST DID. I HAVE TO GO KILL MYSELF NOW.

Last edited by FortheLoveofJoe on Wed May 07, 2008 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:27 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I had look up that Better Than Ezra song, I remembered it pretty quick but haven?t heard it in years, by choice I assured myself.

I have a stupid habit of listening to songs from car commercials, not because I want to but because they get stuck in my head and hearing the damn thing is the only way to get it out.

As for guilty pleasure songs, there?s Sister Christian by Night Ranger. As a rule, I hate power ballads and turn the station/skip the track whenever I hear one but I just let this one play for some reason. I even used it as drive-by music in GTA: Vice City.

Another one is I Love it Loud by KISS. I?ve hated KISS for the longest time, they just always sounded like a garage band to me but I don?t mind it when this song comes on.

If I had to pick an entire CD, it would have to be Sir Mix-A-Lot?s Chief Boot Knocka. I don?t know, it?s just puts me in a good mood after hearing Put?em on the Glass, Ride and Monster Mack.
Mr. Gurbick
ookook
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:35 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

-I'm Sorry Ms. Jackson - Outkast
It's an addictive song, but it's rap, which makes it saddening. 'Nuff said.

-Those silly Youtube Poop Songs that are also extremely addictive, but so embarrassingly stupid that you wonder why you're wasting time watching them.

-My parent's music. I have to like it 'cause I'm their son, but most of it's not really my kind of music, y'know?

Yep. That's all I dare listen to outside my musical boundaries.

BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:08 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

fjdkafjdkasfjkdsljfdkljklfjdklfjdkljfklejilfehigngveiniaheijilvmdkljekljeijkdljfdklj
fjelajkdlfdkljakvnkfweak;w2iquioawenkvnkalf3wioa4u389uakdfkganw4ionf
aksgnkleamvkdgjiearui3r92jewaklnveo;ag3ir4128nwdrkbnewo;a53qagiea;

There.

Last edited by BabyDragon'sMom on Fri May 09, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:58 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I like almost anything from Aqua or any mind-bogglingly annoying Scandinavian pop band. Be it Toybox, Ace of Base or ABBA, Scandinavian pop remains my eternal guilty pleasure. Then there is a girl band from Belgium whose music is intended for eight year olds but I dance to it (in private). I never really liked the Spice Girls though but I did enjoy many other '90's girl groups, especially All Saints and others whose names I can't quite recall.

But most embarassingly of all, is the fact that I still enjoy Sum 41.

I don't think that "Boondocks" quite qualifies as a guilty pleasure unless you consider yourself too sophisticated for any type of country music. It is quite catchy, well-written and Little Big Town are talented.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:52 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

What a minute....

Who doesn't turn around everything I say?
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:59 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

And this is why I just fucking delete my posts or scribble them out. Phenom finds some way to make me sound like a terrible person. Well you know what?

FUCK YOU LYALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck you.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:23 pm  Reply with quote

Is Phenom actually affecting your perception on things you say? Because that's even more crazy than him, possibly.

Also, I don't even see how his post in this thread was related to yours...
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Yes, and I thought it was. Whatever, I don't care anymore.
ookook
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:19 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

o_o;;
Joe's Girl

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:21 am  Reply with quote

Seconded.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:23 am  Reply with quote

Also, ookook, I assume you realize this, but maybe you don't, but you know that Youtube Poop song is just a retarded rendition of a song from The Little Mermaid right? I mean, it's a catchy song, but it's catchier with lyrics and instruments rather than the weird noises from a Zelda game they replaced it with.

Unless that's what you think makes it catchy.....weirdo

Oh wait, I only just now saw the Robotnik one. That is an original thing. And it is catchy as well. I like when he says "I'm gonna be on TV. I'm gonna be a TV STARR"
ookook
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:49 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Exactly!

OH it's from the show!

USAgent
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:21 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

HHIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHWAAAAYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOO THHHHEEEEEEE DANGERZOOOOOONNNEEE.

GOOONNA--

Yeah, you get it.