ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Rasslin'
USAgent
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:47 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I sometimes ponder how Jim Ross forms words when his lips only move in one motion ever and not more than about a half a centimeter apart.

PHENOM.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:02 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Oh my goodness, a wrestling topic? I'd actually like to ban this sort of thing, but I guess I just won't participate. Just know that I will look scornfully upon all who contribute to this thread, although I'm aware that's going to be more than half of our members.

Ohhh this is why people leave.

Wrestling... Retarded Technology
ookook
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:11 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

For the sake of curiosity, I looked "Jim Ross" on Wikipedia. I dunno much about wrestling other than it's a bunch of half-naked people performing possibly fake, but aggressive maneuvers onto each other with a steady rain of sweat everywhere.

Anyway, to quote an excerpt from the article, "In recent years he has developed his own brand of barbecue sauce, beef jerky and cookbooks, and has since opened a successful barbecue restaurant in Norman, Oklahoma, with plans to expand the business into a multi-location franchise centered in the Oklahoma City area."

I think he's eating too much beef jerky. That's why his mouth barely opens when he announces, but it also improves his announcing capabilities, 'cause it's beef jerky.

The actual reason is read later in the article; "He suffers from Bell's palsy, which sometimes results in temporary paralysis of Ross' facial muscles."
I still think the beef jerky gives him superior announcing powers, though.

Why did I actually take the time to read on this information? WHY?!

BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:36 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Well, I have no idea who the said "Jim Ross" guy is, but I think ook provided a very good answer to it. Of course it's beef jerky!!!

Have you ever had buffalo jerky? It's better.
Jeff
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:41 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Yeah, his face is like that because he suffers from Bell?s palsy and it really became noticeable after his mother (whom he would mention and say hi to on air every so often) passed away. As long as Jim Ross can still say Slobberknocker, Hellfire & Brimstone and BBQ Sauce, he?ll keep on commentating.

Personally, I love Pro Wrestling, been watching it since the old Saturday Night Main Event and whatever they used to show on Sunday mornings. It?s just fun to see these guys doing all kinds of crazy shit that most people wouldn?t think of doing. The whole thing is similar to watching a live action comic book battle take place only with pile drivers and folding chairs instead of super powers. Pure entertainment, nothing much different than a movie, scripted TV series or anything else.

Besides, the real stuff looks like 2 dudes rolling on each other to see who gets to ?pitch? and who?s stuck ?receiving?.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:18 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I don't think I actually have a specific hatred of wrestling. I am just a snob when it comes to storytelling and the stories in wrestling, although I'm sure they're fully aware of this, are complete garbage. I think I'd be just as annoyed if people started discussing Star Trek or Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Torchwood (anyone?).

I think I just get annoyed that there are fan bases for all of these things who follow the stories religiously (I'll acknowledge that there must be SOME decent Star Trek, but I'm not really willing to look into it much). Not that they're hurting me in any way, I guess it's sort of just me being unable to understand how someone could be so devoted to such shit. It bugs me. And I know some of the people who watch these things are more intelligent than that and like them more in a guilty pleasure style or something of that nature. I don't hate those people so much, but I still won't join them in watching it.

And, yeah, I think real wrestling is even worse, gayer, and more boring, but both strike me as fairly gay and boring regardless.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:23 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I really feel I am in the wrong community as I happen to like rasslin' and I am always enthralled with ANYTHING Star Trek except Voyager, naturally. All TRUE TrekkERS HATE Voyager. I guess I'm just a typical redneck-type fellow who enjoys masturbating over Uhura. Come on, even if you are completely ignorant about Star Trek you have to know who Uhura is. She is the black woman.

Anyway, regarding Jim Ross. He actually suffers from a debilitating physical condition which I forget the name of. It is quite amazing he can even speak at all. He is simply unable to move his mouth like we blessed few are able to do. I suppose he trained himself with the tenacity of an ascetic monk to be able to speak for hours on end with hardly being able to open his mouth. You really should admire the guy. I understand every WORD actually pains him. I have no idea how he is able to eat beef steak. Now imagine an Okie not being able to eat fine beef steak. I weep for him, I honestly do!

Furthermore, wikipedia LIES! They always lie! Rasslin' is not quite as fake as wiki would have you believe; it is more accurate to claim that is RIGGED. Rigged in the same way that NASCAR (and many pro sports) are. In fact, it is possible that rasslin' is actually LESS rigged than the NFL and even the mighty stalwart of truth that are the Democratic primaries.

Did Ric Flair, Harley Race, MASAHIRO CHONO (the REAL greatest of all time), or Shawn Michaels (yes, the latter IS a rassler despite working for McMahon his whole career) become legends by FAKING everything? Hardly. Rasslers are not actors, they are real athletes. When a rassler goes straight through a table it damn sure hurts them! These guys really are putting their bodies on the line here.

Of course, there are exceptions, such as a certain John Cena. Anything he does in the ring is completely and utterly faked and it is quite obvious he will never be able to rassle. I find it very ironic that he played some badass ex-marine dude and yet Randy Orton (a REAL LIFE ex-marine) has to act like he's afraid of a little Boston punk kid addicted to steroids.

I guess you can tell that I really miss the good ol' WCW days where the REAL rasslin' used to take place. Vince McMahon simply turned the noble sport of rasslin' into a circus while his daughter, Stephanie, has turned into a pretty lousy drama series. I hope this helps.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:29 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

And yes, Caity, buffalo jerky IS good.
USAgent
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:18 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Wait. You LIKED WCW?

We have nothing more to discuss.

Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:35 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

What was wrong with WCW? It only sucked because of Hogan and all the ex-WWF fakers. These days I only watch WWE because,TNA kind of disappeared up its own ass. Once I saw Angle's ugly face in the promotion, I knew it was quickly going downhill from there.

MICKEY JAMES!!!