ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Why have YOU slowed down on this forum?
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:39 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

This is quite the phenomenon that has been mentioned recently.

Instead of speculating on why people have stopped contributing, or inventing silly excuses, why don't we just say the real reasons?

So my reasons:
1. Sometimes female comeraderie is a good thing to have. This forum is most definitely overrun with a strong male presence. Not that that is a bad thing, but it does get wearing since Magdalene stopped coming around.
2. Everything I say gets picked apart by certain members (not all members...you know who I mean), thus I started to just say nothing.
3. I've been incredibly stressed out and busy lately and have withdrawn my internet presence significantly. I ditched Facebook (as those of you who were my friends may or may not have noticed) and started keeping more to myself.

That's my big three in a nutshell. Not going into any details of course.

So, why have YOU stopped posting as much or at all?
ookook
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:16 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

1. I pretty much leech, and if there's anything new I look at it. If it interests me, I say something, if not, I read it and am done with it. DONE WITH IIIIIIT!
2. Ehh... I've been... kinda busy. Not so busy as to post nothing in a forum, but busy enough not to really care too much about posting.
3. I'm getting high on life! =D

JCC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:29 pm  Reply with quote
Internet Jesus

I died. I discussed this in Joe's thread. Smile

Seriously though, it's more due to busyness at my own site (www.morphinenation.com), and the fact that the more other people who've stopped posting, the less stuff there was here to post about.

Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

I never post much anyway even though I write make stuff for this place. It?s not that I don?t like posting or anything it?s just that I usually don?t have much to add to the conversation outside of typing something stupid but I?ve always been that way with online chit-chat.

I spend some of my ?non-posting on anything? Internet time looking around other websites (like www.morphinenation.com for one), reading articles and such because I?m a sucker for stuff about games, movies and whether or not Randy Orton is a rapist. The rest is spent working on stuff that I?ll toss all my focus into and then forget about within a few days until I see the file and remember what it was then go from there.

I guess it wouldn?t hurt to make the effort to write up some topics and see what happens.
USAgent
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:12 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I'm almost always here. Always. Either lurking or signed in, looking for a fresh post. The only times when I'm not is when boredom doesn't over come me.

I mean, everyone here has a certain degree of character that I find mildly interesting, to say the absolute most. For more communication, however, the forum has to be bustling. And that's something LTM just does not have.

...Well, on the other forum things seem to move at a pretty smooth rate. I cannot attest as to why this has stopped (the reasons listed in the posts above mine mean NOTHING).

Get off your lazy asses and let us all rant about something.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:45 am  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Jesus, how can you almost always be here? This place has been nearly dead on arrival since its inception. Surely there must be SOME other internet community you could spend some of your time on that would welcome you into its filthy bosom!? Nutter!!!

Ohhh, this is why people do not stay around.

Incidentally, I only post when I have something unnecessarily mean to say in response to someone because, quite honestly, "start a crazy forum conversation!!" is rarely paramount in my thoughts, which again leads us back to me being a shite admin. I'm really relying on you guys to carry the forum and then when it slows down I get all huffy and act like I don't get why. Shame!!!

Also, DEEP DOWN, I really sort of hate forums and think they're kind of a pointless concept. But, again, when I see this one slow down entirely I get all lonely and wonder what's wrong, so I'm pretty much a dirty liar.

Ohhh, this is why people do not stay around.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:59 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Nah, it's an alright forum but I think that the biggest problem is that there are too few regular members. So things get crazy in a couple of people's lives and they stop coming around, then there's no new posts and the forum goes into a mass depression.

I don't know how to fix it. But I think Jeff had a point in the other thread that perhaps it's just because we have no idea what to talk about due to there not really being a theme to this forum. It's just a random forum that requires random thoughts and that's sometimes hard.

Haha...I don't know, Joe. I'm just throwing ideas out there. Don't get huffy and lonely...I love you!!!
USAgent
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:02 pm  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

I go through the exact same withdrawl. I miss the nonsensical grammatical errors that litter our posts. I miss our exasperated but quirky conversations. They never get past three pages by god damn did I love it.

Most of the time I'm not making topics 'cause I don't feel I'm capable of delivering teh funny. Other times, like, Jeff has crafted a couple of topics in the past few weeks. It's just...some things are completely out of my reach. Or the topic has taken a swerve where penis jokes cannot be presented in any context.

And that just saddens me. But, yeah. When this forum slows I do get rather lonely. And then I wonder just what the hell everyone is doing and where they live. For personal reasons.

FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:58 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

I dunno, fixing it is not such a big deal to me. I sort of think the main issue lies with not having a more regular fanbase in general and LTM is just not my main priority in life, I am sorry to say, so updates will probably continue to be less frequent, unless Gringo steps in again, but he sems to have decided to only be ambitious about the website for a few months and now he's all but disappeared!

Personal reasons? How disturbing.
JCC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:15 pm  Reply with quote
Internet Jesus

Jeff wrote:
whether or not Randy Orton is a rapist

Like it's even a question.

Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:12 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Well, that's true, he is always sporting that "Oh, you gonna get it...tonight" look.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:43 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I've been studying for exams and Firefox kept crashing. It has taken me weeks to muster the courage to switch back to IE.

Caity, I certainly never pick apart anything you write, I really just ignore your presence on this forum. I am very sorry to hear that you have ditched facebook though, not that I actually read anything about that as I always just scroll over your contributions and never read them.

Facebook does kind of suck though. I got into an argument on it with someone I know in real life and I don't know if I could ever face him in real life ever again. He thniks that as a Christian he ought to love the homo's but I said that as a Christian, he should believe in Hell and that the homo's will go there some day. He called me a "poor, misguided soul" and claimed he would pray for me. I cannot face him in real life for I know I would attempt to inflict some type of physical pain upon his person. He is a skinny dude so I would not fear the consequences. I just can't understand why you would even be a Christian if you don't believe that God punishes sinners. Where's the fun in that? I guess people who aren't Baptists are really not Christians anyway. No offence, Caity, whom I always ignore.

So, let's keep the forum JUMPIN' although Caity is invisible to me.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:46 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Phenom, you're fucked in the head.
USAgent
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 am  Reply with quote
Professorman Johnson
Professorman Johnson

Holy hell I could feel how insane that post was.

Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:42 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

As I said, YOU ARE INVISIBLE!