ListenToMe.net Forums Forum Index
<  Listen To Me  ~  Generic 2008 topic!
Gringo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 am  Reply with quote
Sheriff de El Town

Hey hey! I swear fo sho that New Year's article will be up late this evening. But in the meantime, what are your 2008 resolutions?
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:32 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

My resolution is to not put unnecessary emphasis on arbitrary points in time and act as though they should, for any reason, be considered moments more suitable than any others for making major decisions in regards to my future.

The benefits of this resolution are twofold:

1 - I get to sound like (and be) a pretentious prick when people ask me what my New Year's resolution is.

2 - I get to continue on my steady path of being a lazy fuck-up, ostensibly, for the rest of my life.

Another, much simpler way I could've put this is: I don't really ever bother to make New Year's resolutions and this year is no different.

This might be the douchiest thing I've ever written (no)...I will attempt to offset the douchosity in some way by saying that I have a resolution to learn to be semi-conversational in French within six months...I just made this resolution well before the New Year.

Lamest post ever! :~ 2008 is not lookin' so hot.
ookook
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:34 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I need to get my lungs back into shape. I mean I played a single DDR song, failed it, and was wiped out for the next five minutes, when I used to be able to go song after song without breaking a sweat....

So that' my resolution, I guess.
Phen Lie-All
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:02 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

No more cheap liquor!

I mean it this year.
FortheLoveofJoe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:31 pm  Reply with quote
Degrassi School President

Oh my, I like how your resolution is based around your proficiency at DDR. But then again you'll be in shape and I won't so I guess you are the ummm dance master or whatever. I forgot what the game says when you do really good, but I remember thinking it was funny.
Gringo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
Sheriff de El Town

1. The 2007/8 interviewee article is up!

2. Ookook, are you this person: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vhRlfAFUves ?
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:03 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

My resolution was going to be watching every episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air but it turns out that I've already seen them all so I guess I'll go with plan B which is to watch Rambo in theaters and try to get that dead hooker emote Joe asked for done.

Yes, trivial goals like this are what get me through each year.
BabyDragon'sMom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:39 am  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

I've actually never had a New Year's Resolution in my entire life because I have always felt that they are trivial and menial. However, tonight I spent some time reflecting on the past year and I realized that I am a completely different person starting 2008 as I was starting 2007, yet I still do not know who I am.

2007 was a year full of confusion and extreme life-changes for me.

So for 2008, my resolution is this:
To discover myself in a way that I have never tried to before. To revitalize my mind and body to become much more comprehensive of myself. To achieve the inner self-worth for which I have always longed yet never had the courage to discover.

That may sound corny and cliche and such...but this is how I am really feeling. Tonight I am thinking so clearly -- something I haven't done in a very long time. Perhaps it is because of the book I am reading..."Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. The ultimate in chicklit but quite interesting as it really reflects how the last two years have gone for me. I'm always really influenced by the books I read but I think that this will stick.

Wow, I'm such a girl in a forum of so many guys. Where's Magdalene in this thread?
ookook
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:24 pm  Reply with quote
Wisegay
Wisegay

Wow, Gringo... That guy moved the entire station! By falling over! Even I can't do that! Those things are heavy, you know.. and I'm not referring to the player...

Nah, that can't be me. His hair isn't as sexily and epically long as mine, nor is it sleekishly black as the night sky, his movement is stale and boring, as opposed to my amazing and awe-inspiring tendency to fly all over the place while still hitting every single note, and then there's the fact that he's... quite larger than I am, but I wasn't going to get into that until I realized that if I hadn't I would be implying that I was quite larger than I am, which I also tried to avoid by stating that I needed to get my lungs back into shape. My body's fine, I think.

Anyway, I don't have any videos. I'm too fabulously amazing for videos!
*lavish hair flip*

Also, sleekishly isn't a word, but it sounds cooler.

Joe, what can I say? Physical Ed. bores me to death, and I like gaming better.

Jeff, I wholeheartedly agree on the dead hooker emote.

Baby-Dragon's Mom... your resolution is probably the most well-thought out from the rest of ours. Woo!

Last edited by ookook on Sat May 17, 2008 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magdalene
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:13 pm  Reply with quote
Sheckerz
Sheckerz

Like caity I've never made a new year's resolution, but this year I decided to, and its worked pretty well for these whole two weeks. I decided to actively try to get along with my mom. I dont get along well with my parents because all three of us are really sensitive, but they are also very offensive. well yeah, so I'm taking this one parent at a time. I wrote a letter to myself and posted it on my fridge with stickers and a pretty boarder. it says something like "if you're nice to your mom it will help her self esteem and she wont need to lie all the the time." I call her up just to tell her i love her, which is something i have never done. I hope it works out.
Caity, even though its written by a man, you should try "moll flanders." not one of my favorites, but its really interesting.
Silence
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:57 am  Reply with quote
Steven!
Steven!

My resolution is to break/make a habit every month.

That's 12 resolutions in one year, folks!! But wait! There's more!

The trick of making or breaking the habit is accountability (apparently) so you aim to tell somebody/somebodies you know about your commitment, or you could do it together.

Then you just tell your friend(s) how you're doing every now and then. Although, for those of us more inclined to stay indoors in front of a certain magical box for the duration of the year, you could blog about it or post a thread etc.

January for me is going to bed at midnight and wake up early (7:30?). I have a habit of staying up really late despite whether or not I have to get up the next morning (sometimes even 4am :O )